A Hollow Victory

No, the walls are solid, thick gold -- it was just manufactured hollow. Pretty, but lightweight -- surprised it didn't float away... :D:boat:

A lot of gold earrings are hollow and almost float, I've found a couple nice ones in the lightweight aluminum trash zone..

<°)))>{∆

A lot of gold earrings are hollow and almost float, I've found a couple nice ones in the lightweight aluminum trash zone..
<°)))>{∆

Yeah, this ring was about 10-12" deep in a thick sand bar. If it had been solid it probably would have settled out of range. Too much sand around here right now to be finding heavy targets.

Regarding earrings, I remember my great grandmother having a lifelong habit of tugging at her earlobes, and they were more than an inch long. Big hollow earrings make sense if you want to maintain your pretty, dainty ears! :lol:

Foiled,
There is a lot more nice gold jewelry than earrings and rings that are hollow.. Bracelets called bangle bands are very wide and thick but are light weight to keep down the cost to the customer. I'd say the majority of large solid hooped bracelets are hollow. It is a less expensive way of produce and sell more product.

Foiled,
There is a lot more nice gold jewelry than earrings and rings that are hollow.. Bracelets called bangle bands are very wide and thick but are light weight to keep down the cost to the customer. I'd say the majority of large solid hooped bracelets are hollow. It is a less expensive way of produce and sell more product.

Yeah, I know what you mean. My wife has a nice hollow gold bracelet that's been passed down through the generations. Not only would it have been more affordable, it would have been very uncomfortable to wear had it been solid...

Back
Top Bottom