Ace 250 tones

Midnight-Ryder

:?::?::?::?:my question is why does my ace beep once and than when i go back over it i can not find the target. the pin point will find it sometimes so when i dig and dig and dig i find nothing. i am new to this still so any advice would be helpfull.

should i just pass those single tones and look for the ones i hear repeataly?:?::?::?:

thanks,
kevin

Normally a one way beep is a trash target or possibly iron. The reason for not finding the target after digging and digging might be because it is a very large iron target deep in the ground .

raise the coil 6 inches or more above the gound and see if you still get a signal if you do its a large target (doesn't mean its not valueable) and not a coin.

Best I've gotten is dig it all untill you learn your machine and just as important you need to have at least a general idea of the potential objects a given location may contain

:?::?::?::?:my question is why does my ace beep once and than when i go back over it i can not find the target. the pin point will find it sometimes so when i dig and dig and dig i find nothing. i am new to this still so any advice would be helpfull.

should i just pass those single tones and look for the ones i hear repeataly?:?::?::?:

thanks,
kevin

Kevin. It definitely takes some getting used to. Alot of people in here will say dig everything. Depending on where I am hunting I will often only dig a target that is a constant signal. If it beeps once and I cant find it again I dont worry about it. You will know if it is a coin. It will stay on the coin markers. Most of the hits on foil or pulltabs are just that. But others say if you dont dig them, you might be missing jewelry. Do a test. Put some coins on the ground and see what hits. Do the same with jewelry and metal trash. It does get easier...Trust me. Good luck Kevin...

Keep in mind, the higher your coil is off the ground the further away the object is. You MIGHT be re-swiping higher than your initial pass over. If the target is 8" in the ground when you're holding it 2" away from ground surface it will read 8+ or whatever on the indicator, but if you re-swipe and you're holding the coil 4" over the ground, you're essentially trying to detect the object now from 2 additional inches. It might not register.

Just things to keep an eye out for.

Great question as I am new to this as well and all answers to your post seem informative. Basically if its a coin it will stay there on the marker. The one way beeps I ran into yesterday on my 2nd day of trying the MD out.

Normally a one way beep is a trash target or possibly iron. The reason for not finding the target after digging and digging might be because it is a very large iron target deep in the ground .

Steve, I can't believe the self control you showed in this reply.
You didn't even mention a word or wry comment about those tones.

What's wrong...were you not feeling OK that day? :lol:

thanks,
kevin

Sometimes just in the motion of sweeping you have a tendency to make the sweep in a pendulum motion rather than parallel with the ground. With motions like that the machine can "false" from time to time. Keep your coil flat and at the same height during sweeps. This might alleviate some of your problems with falsing.

Coins/targets on edge can also cause what seems to be falsing signals. With coins/targets sitting at an angle you'll get a signal in one direction but may not in the other. If you get a signal on a spot try sweeping it from various angles to see if it repeats on any of those. Many people pass a good target thinking they just got a "false" and move on along.

Perserverance usually pays off in the long run. Patience, Grasshopper, patience.

I get this with my Ace in one location I go to. It appears the soil is very mineralised. When I go to pinpoint there's nothing there. I wouldn't dig anything unless you have a consistent signal.

Back
Top Bottom