Rye Patch, NV

TomW

Hey all,
New to the forums (today). I've done quite a bit of dredging and panning here in Oregon but looking at getting into MDing. Not any places in Oregon that I know of but I'm thinking of getting a Whites' MD and heading down to Rye Patch to see what I can find in late August/ early September. I have a couple of questions :?: for those of you in the know:
1) I would love to find a link to a map with the numbered areas for Rye Patch that shows the areas open to the public. I saw a link once and can't seem to find it again. I have also tried the BLM websites and had no luck. The one I saw had grids laid out and every other one seemed to be open to the public. I would appreciate it if anyone had an idea.
2) I'm looking at picking up a Whites' metal detector as they are made here in Oregon just a stones' throw from me. I would only be using it for placer gold (nugget shooting) and would like peoples' input as to what the best detector would be.
3)I'm lookin for anyone interested in hitting that area around that time frame. Just send me a message and let's see what we can figure out.

Thanks in advance,
Tom
Springfield, Oregon

Rye patch

Hi Tom,
My husbands name is Tom too. We live in Reno Nevada and have metal detected several times at Rye Patch. We would love to meet you and go out there. We are members of the western states prospecting society. It is a great group of people and I would recommend joining their group. We have always wanted to learn more about dredging too so we would love to meet up. Let us know when you are planning on coming down. Email us and let's chat more.

Hi. My name is Kris and I live in Sparks.
I have only lived here 10 months and would enjoy finding some people to prospect or detect with.

Rye Patch

Hey Tom
Rye Patch is a big place, I've got maps on where to go, was going to go out do some nugget shooting but never got the chance, I know the GPAA has a event scheduled for September some time in that area.
If any body wants to head out and do some nugget shooting hit me up

Back
Top Bottom