MD'ing vacations in Puerto Rico

ADVGUY

The good news is that I'm heading out for a three weeks vacation in Puerto Rico and I'm taking my F2. The bad news is that the F2 is not to efficient on wet sand where, I am sure, I could find lots of goodies. There are not a lot of MD'ers in PR and I'm sure a decent detector can pay for itself in a few weeks. I will still give it a shot and see what I can come up with. I have some savings but not enough for a capable wet sand machine. Hopefully I the F2 will find that piece I can sell to buy a new machine. I will take lots of pictures. Will be back in a few weeks. Happy hunting!

Well, no more bad news I guess. I just picked up a used Whites XLT from ebay for $450 shipped!:spin: I guess I go out there a little better prepared although I have to learn how to use the new machine!

Have a nice vacation. Do you like to eat Pasteles when you go there? They are one of my favorite foods. I was born and raised in NY and I had an aunt that used to make them. Sadly I can no longer find them since I moved to Kentucky.

Good hunting in PR. And don't over do it on that wonderful concoction known as piña colada (invented in Old San Juan). :roll:

Best of all, don't forget that you can bring back all the rum you want, duty free. :D

Good hunting in PR. And don't over do it on that wonderful concoction known as piña colada (invented in Old San Juan). :roll:

Best of all, don't forget that you can bring back all the rum you want, duty free. :D

:D:lol: Good advice Rudy!:yes: Good luck ADVGUY, take pictures!!:cool:

Have a nice vacation. Do you like to eat Pasteles when you go there? They are one of my favorite foods. I was born and raised in NY and I had an aunt that used to make them. Sadly I can no longer find them since I moved to Kentucky.

Heck yeah, pasteles are pretty darn good. Send me a PM with your address, I will hook you up man. My mother in law makes them. I can ship you some in a small cooler. Talk to you soon.

Something will be missing if I go to PR and don't bring back any licor! I have to go get my Felipe II :lol:

Good Luck!

I did Luquillo Beach a bit back in 2006, didn't find much. It was HOT and HUMID!

If you're in the Condado area, the beach in front of the Mariott has a lot of coins, but I did not find any jewellery.

Ken

Have a nice vacations here in PR, ADVGUY.

I hunt at the southwest coast beaches. And its true there are not to many people that hunt here. I know only beside me 2 other guys that hunt at this area, both of them using an Excal.

Happy hunting and if you're in the area, let me know. I'll be glad to hunt with you.

Happy hunting
Raymond

ADVGUY,

I hope you have a fantastic time in Puerto Rico! I used to live there, but that was before my metal detecting days. I would love to detect the beaches there!

Congratulations on your new machine, and I hope it pays for itself during your trip! :lol:

.hoping that you have a nice vacation and a GREAT MD'ing experience too!
Just remember to "Dig Em All"!!!

Back
Top Bottom