The Find of a Lifetime!!!! *Update With Pics*

You ate right it is a STG44 that is short for strumgewehr (spelling) or storm rifle. The also called it the MP44 MP for machine pistol and 44 for the year 1944 for which it was made.

Last edited:
My other passion is collecting live machineguns. Heres a video a friend shot a couple of years ago at his gun club in Hanson, MA. My friend called and said "grab a couple of WW2 guns and we'll have a WW2 shoot". I think you'll recognize the MP44....MG 34 beltfed and the MP 40 submachinegun. My buddies Thompson had an issue and was running fast...they don't usually run that quick!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WOzqKRy0oM&playnext=1&list=PLBFF86FA4E4B84AE7

The 8mm kurz ammo for the MP44 was made in '44 and it sure was smoky!

Awesome video! I also love old guns ecspecially ones from the first and second World War. I own a MP44,MG42 and a couple other guns from the third reich they are totally disarmed and will never fire again but they are magnificant peces of history. I think it is awesome you guys were firing the 8mm Kürz ammo. In my expierence it is very very rare to find these rounds in my area of Germany. I only have a very small handfull of them in my display. Thanks for looking and sharing your video with everyone!

You ate right it is a STG44 that is short for strumgewehr (spelling) or storm rifle. The also called it the MP44 MP for machine pistol and 44 for the year 1944 for which it was made.

Sturmgewehr - literal translation Assault Rifle!

My other passion is collecting live machineguns. Heres a video a friend shot a couple of years ago at his gun club in Hanson, MA. My friend called and said "grab a couple of WW2 guns and we'll have a WW2 shoot". I think you'll recognize the MP44....MG 34 beltfed and the MP 40 submachinegun. My buddies Thompson had an issue and was running fast...they don't usually run that quick!

Small world...I also collect live machineguns. Don't have any WW2 mgs though :(

Lol. That was my favorite gun to use in my old WW2 games.
Awesome finds! So envious!

I must venture to the western front someday soon before the good stuff is all hunted out!

Good find...

Kalishnikov ripped off the Germans with his adulterated AK-47 design which he stole from from the original German sub-gun....and then the Russians have the audacity to make him a national hero.,,,,Blah!!!

Its human nature to steal from others and slightly modify it lol thanks for looking Karel we were very lucky to find this jewel so far from any battlefield.

Back
Top Bottom