Wireless Headphones for Xterra 705 or Upgrade to CTX3030

chillforlife

Elite Member
Hey gents. Been using the Xterra 705 for almost 2 years now and I really like this machine. I've found such a great variety of treasures with it. I'm looking for a wireless setup to replace my Killer Bees. The Killers are great but would love to move to wireless. Any input and suggestions would be appreciated.

The other option for wireless would be to move up to the CTX3030. I'm actually having a virtual online affair with the CTX. Being in Idaho I don't do a lot of water hunting but would like the option.

I really do like the 705 and have hunted next to guys with E-tracs and CTX's and I didn't see them hitting targets that I couldn't find, so somebody help me get over my lust for the CTX or help me make the jump as I'm sure there must be advantages to the E-trac and CTX that I haven't seen.

I've hunted along side just about every other brand and model out there except the Deus, and for me, nothing even comes close to the Minelab machines, so I'd like to keep the discussion confined to them.

Thanks for your input and get out there and hunt.

Garrett Z-Lynk - $120

CTX - $2000

Wallet full or empty, you decide.

Actually, if you like the 705 and you sync with it and just need to go wireless, why would you compare that to needing to upgrade to a whole new different detector? You might not sync with the CTX for one thing like you have with the 705, and going wireless is much cheaper than $2k bucks.

I really do like the 705 and have hunted next to guys with E-tracs and CTX's and I didn't see them hitting targets that I couldn't find...

...nothing even comes close to the Minelab machines...

This is confusing. You say you're hitting the same targets (no difference because both "see" the same targets) but nothing comes close (that implies HUGE difference)?

If you really want and have the means to purchase a 3030, then go ahead. If you think it will make your skillset improve, I doubt it. You may be able to target better type finds or different finds better, but it sounds like you're pretty proficient with the 705 already.

Last edited:
I agree with Mrnovice,why would you spend all that money to just go wireless?.I also have a 705,and have owned a few minelab upper class machines...I'm sure I'll get scolded but I've found all my best finds with midpriced machines and nothing with flagships.And yes,I know how to use them.Truth is I wouldn't trade my 705 for a 3030 unless I hunted beaches.

While I have an Explorer and CTX,if you can get SEAMLESS wireless audio for the 705 I'd probably do that if you don't feel out gunned by other stuff. Knowing the machine is always paramount! And from what I've read,the 705 ain't no slouch. Your call. The CTX is a VERY nice machine,which I'm sure you virtually know...:lol:

While I have an Explorer and CTX,if you can get SEAMLESS wireless audio for the 705 I'd probably do that if you don't feel out gunned by other stuff. Knowing the machine is always paramount! And from what I've read,the 705 ain't no slouch. Your call. The CTX is a VERY nice machine,which I'm sure you virtually know...:lol:

Thanks IDX, you understood my question better.

Back
Top Bottom