Church of the Mojave

Officially a member now! Just picked up my Mojave from Fort Bedford Metal Detectors today. Excited to get out there with it and hopefully post some finds soon. Happy Hunting!

I have just purchased one for my girlfriend for her birthday next week! We are now in the fold! I'm swinging the AT pro and an Ace 300. Cant wait to see how it does in a head to head. I may be getting a mojave for myself as well. Everything I have seen these are awesome metal detectors for the price.

Ya'll about have me tempted to pull the trigger after reading all the reviews. As stated earlier...sounds like a steal for the price and performance not to mention having an extra pole assembly for the collection :yes:

Did you see the Toltec meter mod on the Mojave yet ? The guy did an amazing job and so it starts.:laughing:

Mine arrived today. Did a little air testing vs. my 5.75 compadre.
The Mojave has a little more than 2" advantage on all coins.
The depth loss at max disc. is negligible.
I detected a bit by the dried up pond at home.
I've been over it a bunch with the compadre.
The Mojave managed to find 3 clad quarters a nickel
a handful of pennies and some fishing bits and pieces
the compadre couldn't see. It will be fun going
over spots I've hit before and seeing what
lies beneath.

Noah

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 534
Looking forward to it.

Mine should be here Wednesday! Pretty excited to take it for a test drive, lol.

Who knows I may have to try my Cleansweep on it, although that pretty much has become a permanent fixture on my B2 uMax, lol.

The best search coil for the Mojave is the one that Tesoro tuned to it.

What I like best about it, it's not too big or too small, it's just right!

For larger open trash free areas, I grab another detector with a large DD search coil attached.

beephead

Yes indeed beep head. That 7 inch coils lights up on coins.
I'm still learning every time I'm out but I am glad I
decide to take the next step.

Noah

Had my first hunt Sunday with the new Mojave. As someone new to the hobby, I found the detector to be incredibly intuitive, and just plain fun! After getting the hang of things, I was just blasting through targets. I would roll the disc knob up with my thumb when I would hit a repeatable tone, and it was extremely accurate. The nickles I hit would stop exactly at the 5 cent symbol, etc.

Couldn't be happier with the machine! Even found a ring and a wheatie my first day! Not gold or silver, but I'm not complaining. Here is a photo of my recovered targets after a couple hours Sunday. Horrible photo I know, but just wanted to share my junk!

20170226_194637 by rpcruab, on Flickr

Had my first hunt Sunday with the new Mojave. As someone new to the hobby, I found the detector to be incredibly intuitive, and just plain fun! After getting the hang of things, I was just blasting through targets. I would roll the disc knob up with my thumb when I would hit a repeatable tone, and it was extremely accurate. The nickles I hit would stop exactly at the 5 cent symbol, etc.

Couldn't be happier with the machine! Even found a ring and a wheatie my first day! Not gold or silver, but I'm not complaining. Here is a photo of my recovered targets after a couple hours Sunday. Horrible photo I know, but just wanted to share my junk!

Congrats on your first hunt with the Mojave. My little Mojave Indian has started his northward trek and should arrive here Thursday, I keep hearing the word fun.

what is that?

20170225_035852-1.jpg A meter added from an old Tesoro Toltec 100.It's for intensity, not ID. It gives the strength of the target which helps determine the depth on coin size objects. Sorry for the delay, I pmed the owner and ask if I could post his picture here and he gave me the permission to do so.

I have just purchased one for my girlfriend for her birthday next week! We are now in the fold! I'm swinging the AT pro and an Ace 300. Cant wait to see how it does in a head to head. I may be getting a mojave for myself as well. Everything I have seen these are awesome metal detectors for the price.

Well after paying for expedited shipping and so I could get it before this weekend as of today I hadn't got a tracking number so I called Kellyco. The operator told me that the detector is on backorder. It's still showing in stock as of today. She offered to refund the difference on shipping but it being a birthday present it's kind of upsetting. Hopefully I can get it in the next week or so. This is the first time I have dealt with Kellyco but depending on how they do me it may be my last time.

Kellyco

Well after paying for expedited shipping and so I could get it before this weekend as of today I hadn't got a tracking number so I called Kellyco. The operator told me that the detector is on backorder. It's still showing in stock as of today. She offered to refund the difference on shipping but it being a birthday present it's kind of upsetting. Hopefully I can get it in the next week or so. This is the first time I have dealt with Kellyco but depending on how they do me it may be my last time.

I feel your angst. Kellyco is a very large dealer and simply can't match the personal involvement of other sponsors here. Local for local has been my leaning for many years.

Sometimes we want it now. I have probably bought 4 or 5 detectors from Kellyco over the last 25 years because my local shops either didn't have any or were not authorized dealers of whatever toy I wanted at the time.

They always came through. Including this latest Mojave thing. I was feeling a bit like you because it was late leaving the warehouse.
I hope you get your Mojave and that you enjoy it when it shows up.

I hope everything works out for you. Who knew sales were going to take off like they are ?It's sort of crazy.

Back
Top Bottom