Fisher F-Point PinPointer

MetalMiner

Forum Supporter
Got a New Fisher F2 & it came with the Fisher F-Point PinPointer. I heard the Fisher® F-Point PinPointer doesn't work as good as the Garrett. Is it any good or would I be better off with the Garrett ProPointer?

I think it is all what you are using it for. The Garrett is one of the top of the line. I have a cheaper one (Bounty Hunter) that I bought to learn with and it works fine, just not as deep as what I have read and seen about the Garrett. The only reason I bought the BH was because it was free because of an Amazon gift card I got for Christmas.

It works fine if you can keep the battery from falling out, are real close to the target and don't use it to help dig then it is OK. The Pro Pointer is much deeper and as you get closer to the target it beeps faster and will last a lot longer. Most people who hunt often get the Pro.

It is better than having no pinpointer. Plus you already have it, don't have to go buy one.

I was looking at some youtube videos & it looks like the Garrett starts picking up the target at about 4inches as compared to the Fisher Pinpointer it doesnt pick up the target till about 1 inch. I think I want a Garrett.

FISHER/BOUNTY HUNTER Pointer

If you want a pointer twice as good as the ones in my title, Go To Harbor Freight and get the $17 Cen Tech. Better yet save your money until you can buy a Garrett Pro Pointer... I have never used either but I have watched the comparison Youtube videos. As mentioned they are slightly better than no pointer. If you haven't seem them yet watch the youtube videos.....:biker::digginahole::biker:

I have the fisher and it goes off when u touch the target. In va soil it dont work 1 in away or even 1/2 in away it has to touch target. Im going to get a garrett soon. I hope this helps.

If you are going to be hunting alot either the Garrett or a Sunray inline probe is the way to go. I have both and they are great !! I also have the BH which is the same as the Fisher and it is okay but you have to turn it on and set the sensitivity each time and it is not very sensitive. I can get about an 3/4 inch with proper adjustment.

I got one with my F2. I put it on Ebay and got around $40.00 for it. Take that money and call Bart at Big Boys and get a good deal on a Garrett. Until you see and use the Garrett you wont realize that it is a tool and the others are toys.

I started with no pointer, used the Harbor Freight, pointer, then the Fisher. The Harbor Freight worked pretty well but only lasted two weeks before it stopped working. The Fisher was better than nothing, but, not by much. The Pro Pointer is a major leap forward and saves alot of time and unnecessary digging.

It will get old having to adjust it all the time, and it's lack of depth. But still it's better than nothing, I used one for a year before I got my pro pointer. I wore a hole in the probe end.

I got one with my F2. I put it on Ebay and got around $40.00 for it. Take that money and call Bart at Big Boys and get a good deal on a Garrett. Until you see and use the Garrett you wont realize that it is a tool and the others are toys.

Yep, I agree. The fisher does not compare with the Garrett in depth, durability, and ease of use. It's only advantage is cost.

I decided to sell the Fisher Pinpointer on Ebay for $40 & get the Garrett ProPointer. My F2 came last night but of course its raining today so I'll have to wait till tomorrow to try it out.

You should get the Propointer from New England detectors who have the $10 more and you get a Lesche with it and free shipping. That's what I did after I got aggravated with the Fisher pinpointer not going off unless you are touching target.

I must be lucky with my 2 Fisher Pinpointers. Neither are as good as a propointer, but I've never once had the battery cover come off.

they're half decent really and certainly good when you get them for free =)

Propointer

I also recently got the Garrett Propointer and just before the frost set in- it was hands down better than the Fisher propointer ( although I do have one for a backup). I'm new to detecting but the Propointer seems to be a really great asset...

Back
Top Bottom