Fund my e trac??

John W.H.

Elite Member
I have 25 beautifull uncirculated 1 oz silver eagle coins that I won when I belonged to a detecting club in the late eighties. All in plastic envelopes sitting in the same box since I got them. What do you guys think they are worth? I would really like to keep them but I'm really wanting a new e trac!! I allready have about 300 bucks saved up, but obviously need more! :D
Update... Got them out for a picture and noticed one is a 1992, so I must have got them right around 93.

picture.php

picture.php

I bought 2 of those from a local coin shop for $31 each, about $3 over spot. They weren't in sealed pouches though so I'm not sure if that would affect the value, not sure what makes bullion more valuable than it's weight.

Last edited:
At todays silver price you have at least $750 worth of silver. Looking at ebay, the 1 oz rounds are going for around $32.

Hope that helps :)

I bought 2 of those from a local coin shop for $31 each, about $3 over spot. They weren't in sealed pouches though so I'm not sure if that would affect the value, not sure what makes bullion more valuable than it's weight.

They are not sealed in the pouches but I dont think I've ever handled them out of the pouches. I've heard they sell for a little over melt value. Wonder what a coin shop would give me for them?

I think they go for around 30-32 each on ebay.

coin shops usually want to pay 3-4 dollars less then spot. sometimes less.

before you sell to them, let me know how much they offer. I might like to buy 10 of them, I work in burlington Mass, and I could meet you somewhere during the week.

PM me.

keith

Going formula for Silver Eagles.

The market is saying Spot+ $3.25 to purchase. (So right now that is $29.34 + $3.25 = $32.54....$813.50!) Selling would still fetch $733.50 +.

Don't sell them on Feebay. The listing fees and the selling fees are unreal. And now PayPal takes a cut of your money as well.........

Dusty

Did you decide to keep your scooter
I cant believe no one would pick it up thats a nice one for a collector
how about craigslist its free i have had goodluck on there
At best you sell it
at the worst you will waste some time weeding out lookers,wishers and scammers

The silver is a good investment atm...might be worth holding onto for another year or two...unless of course you expect the e-trac to pay for itself by then...

Nice pile of silver you got there John!..:wow: With the climbing of silver prices, That would be a tough one for me!?...:?:

Back
Top Bottom