• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

1st day with Xterra 705

pescadore

Elite Member
Picked up an almost new Xterra 705 yesterday locally. Took it out today for the first time and I was really impressed. I went to a part of my local City park that I have previously hunted the last week or so. The Xterra is a nickel beast and a tone monster !! I picked up 13 nickels which is the first double digit nickel day that I can remember. i also found 3 quarters 29 dimes and 23 pennys, 1 Mexican cinco centavo, and 1 1918 Wheat penny. I believe that I would have found more quarters but I found 14 at the same location earlier in the week. i really liked the 5 X 10 dd elipptical coil and it separated targets very well. I was able to use the coil in a really trashy part of the park and pick out targets that I have not been able to do with my other detector with a 9 inch concentric coil. I also found the Xterra was a deep detector. I dug quite a bit of trash as I was learning the VDI reference numbers. The Xterra correctly ID'ed a screw top that was 9 plus inches deep. I thought that it might possibly be a coin because my Prizm will not correctly ID a coin that deep ,if it would see it at all, but that was not the case with the xterra. I have been a Minelab user in the past but had to quit using my Explorer due to the weight. The Xterra is light and I was able to swing it for several hours without a problem. I think the Xterra just made the 6T my backup. I will probably will keep the 4x6 on it all the time and use it for totlots and really trashy areas.
9f1386e4.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Impressive!

i was considering an XT 705 for a while, seems I'll have to revist my research!! happy hunting to you, my friend! Keep it coming!

Glad to hear you like it. I really like mine, id is good, but more importantly is to just watch and see if they are stable #'s. I've hit solid 42's, thought for sure it was going to be junk and it was a larger old copper....
Also, if you're swinging and catch a little tiny chirp of a signal go back and do narrow it down until you can just wiggle the coil over the target to find out what's there. I've caught a good number of deeper coins this way...
Congrats on the solid machine, i agree it's under rated...

I love my XT 705GP also, I want to get the 10in DD 7.5 coil, or maybe the 3KHz coil. I'm still learning mine ......Good Luck and Happy Hunting..... :biker: :signals: :digginahole: :biker:

Ebook

If you haven't already done it, go to Minelabs site and join it. In the Members area you can download "Understanding Your Xterra" by Randy Horton. It has everything you might need to know, It has a 3 pages of TID numbers that cover every American coin ever made, Rings Etc, it has all of them ......Good Luck and Happy Hunting..... :biker: :signals: :digginahole: :biker:

If you haven't already done it, go to Minelabs site and join it. In the Members area you can download "Understanding Your Xterra" by Randy Horton. It has everything you might need to know, It has a 3 pages of TID numbers that cover every American coin ever made, Rings Etc, it has all of them ......Good Luck and Happy Hunting..... :biker: :signals: :digginahole: :biker:

Congrats on the finds and new machine Old man! Beware, I'm gunning for you.

Back
Top Bottom