Simply SILVER'iffic!! 39 Silvers!! A Great Few Weeks of Surf and Turf!!

Raphis

Elite Member
Hello My Friends!

It has been a few weeks since my last post, and my detecting finds have been building up on my kitchen sink counter, so I'm definitely overdue in posting. :D I decided to change things up this month and detect the beaches (9 hunts) more than the parks (4 hunts). I was on a torrid pace the last two months, finding nearly 200 silver coins in the turf, and hunting an average of 4 times a week. I needed a break, and it seemed like the right time. I decided to accept the reality that there was no way I could maintain this pace, due to more than half of my silver coins came from just 2 locations, and my buddies' and my research of new turf spots has stalled somewhat this month (getting tough to find new spots). What I didn't expect to happen was how well I did at the beach for old coins this month. I ended up with 22 silver coins, along with numerous wheat pennies, a few foreign coins (including a Chinese cash coin from the 1700's, and my first coin from Iceland), some nice sterling jewelry, a sterling plate spoon, an old Japanese Kiseru tobacco copper pipe, some play coins from the 40's-50's, and a local municipal bus lines fare token from the early 50's. Also not shown, was the pounds of trash I dug to get those keepers. It was quite high, but I did get a great workout, considering the targets were from 4 to over 20" in the sand. The four turf hunts I went on with my buddies were also fairly productive. My last hunt with my buddies Jason and John produced 5 silver coins, a '20's buffalo nickel, along with 23 wheat pennies. A previous turf hunt with my buddy, Mark, produced 2 silver washingtons and 8 wheats. My silver coin total for the year has reach 231, which I never would have fathomed at the start of the year. What's my plan for next month's outings? Probably add a few more turf hunts (can't believe I only hunted turf 4 times last month...that's gotta be my record low), continue hunting the beaches, and continue fishing, which I just started this month.

Thanks for looking!
Keep The Passion High! :thumbsup:
Good Luck to All!

HH,
Raphis
Dan

IMG_2202_sm.jpg

IMG_2203_sm.jpg

IMG_2207_sm.jpg

IMG_2206_sm.jpg

IMG_2210_sm.jpg

IMG_2209_sm.jpg

IMG_2208_sm.jpg

Another great couple weeks! I love seeing all those Washington's, some nice pieces of Jewelry, and fun assortment of finds. Congrats on the finds and glad we were able to meet up on Sunday and did so well at that park we've been pounding. You should have posted a photo of that nice sand bass you caught. I'm probably not going to be able to get out until Monday after work so another week of no detecting for me. Maybe we can meet up the following weekend and find some more turf silver.

Nice Left Coast surf and turf finds, good job multitasking:yes:...congrats on all the silvers, sterling, wheats and relics...excellent couple of weeks!

Looks like a pretty fun few weeks. The chopped up Rosie is pretty cool. The Santa Monica transit token is a cool find. I found a San Francisco one a few weeks ago.

Congrats on all the sick digs.

Awesome haul! Hey, I found one of those Santa Monica Municipal bus tokens in Yreka CA in the hills above town.. It's tiny and cool..

Here's mine magnified a bit:

picture.php

picture.php

Dang, who taught you to dig, Jamflicker? If you take your time man, pinpoint better and dig a little more careful, you might not cut up your coins like Jam does!! Sheesh!

Killed the hell out of it man, big congrats!!!

Stay on em!!!

<°)))>{

The beaches out here are so pounded you almost never find silver coins. Yet you find them like crazy out there. I think the silver thinks "Here comes Dan lets just jump out". Amazing the amount of silver you amass. You never cease to amaze me. Another great bunch of hunts Dan!!

Hey, thanks, Jason! Yeah, had a blast hunting with you last Sunday! Sure happy you found another producing spot at the park! Who would have thought we could have dug that many more oldies there? :shock: I thought about posting the sand bass, but just kept to the detecting finds pics on the forums. Looking forward to another hunt with you when you're next available!

Another great couple weeks! I love seeing all those Washington's, some nice pieces of Jewelry, and fun assortment of finds. Congrats on the finds and glad we were able to meet up on Sunday and did so well at that park we've been pounding. You should have posted a photo of that nice sand bass you caught. I'm probably not going to be able to get out until Monday after work so another week of no detecting for me. Maybe we can meet up the following weekend and find some more turf silver.

Thanks, Captn! Yeah, like you, I'm thankful to be able to hunt the the turf and the surf! I enjoy both, but I'm more of a turf hunter by heart!

Nice Left Coast surf and turf finds, good job multitasking:yes:...congrats on all the silvers, sterling, wheats and relics...excellent couple of weeks!

Thanks for the reply! That's pretty cool you found a SF token in CO. Very nice! Keep the great hunts of your coming! You've been doing very well!

Looks like a pretty fun few weeks. The chopped up Rosie is pretty cool. The Santa Monica transit token is a cool find. I found a San Francisco one a few weeks ago.

Congrats on all the sick digs.

Thanks for providing that pic of your SM token. Yours is actually a slightly different variation of my SM token. Notice how yours, the "SM" is punched out right to the edge of the inner circle, whereas mine is not not punched as close to the inner circle.

Awesome haul! Hey, I found one of those Santa Monica Municipal bus tokens in Yreka CA in the hills above town.. It's tiny and cool..

Here's mine magnified a bit:

Thanks, Ice Scratcher! I think I showed him how to chop a silver coin with a lesche! :lol: He's good at it now too! It really facilitiates the yearly silver coin counts! Jam and I both hunt the same parks, and these parks are full of lawn mower clipped coins! You should see my chopped silver/wheat collection! :D

Dang, who taught you to dig, Jamflicker? If you take your time man, pinpoint better and dig a little more careful, you might not cut up your coins like Jam does!! Sheesh!

Killed the hell out of it man, big congrats!!!

Stay on em!!!

<°)))>{

Thanks, Sean! Our beaches here are pounded too. You don't see very many beach hunters out West here finding silver coins. Actually, the goal of most beach hunters is to find gold, not deeply buried silver coins! For me, I needed some other incentive to hunt the beaches, because the occasional gold piece of jewelry or a handful of clad would not be enough to keep me hunting the beaches on a continual basis. :yes: I put my thinking cap on last year, did a little research, and found about 200 silver coins from the beach last year. I'm still finding them this year, along with a few gold and silver pieces mixed in for good measure. The discovery of old coins at the beaches has me hunting them regularly when I want to give my lesche and my Explorer a rest from the turf.

The beaches out here are so pounded you almost never find silver coins. Yet you find them like crazy out there. I think the silver thinks "Here comes Dan lets just jump out". Amazing the amount of silver you amass. You never cease to amaze me. Another great bunch of hunts Dan!!

Back
Top Bottom