• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Running Nox update

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Because of the Red Tide ive not got much water hunting in and the time i have there is absolutely no recent drops out there. 5 targets after 7 hours one day..... as Max would say i got the mumbles.

I spent 4 hours yesterday in an area that gets most of the trash hunting the wet/damp sand. What i was finding surprised me. I was digging some really shallow but very black bottle caps..... clean single tone 13, yes 13. In the dry sand they seemed to do the same... bounce high med and low tones with a digit of 15 thrown in there to a - as they did previously. Pull tabs moved to 12 and 16.

PPing..... the coil seemed much hotter at the same setting of 23 which caused the PPing to be off when swinging over targets trying to find them. Increased sensitivity can change the size of the coil footprint. It seemed to run smoother with coins coming in much clearer at a good depth. My hunt in the water the other day i was loosing a LOT more targets in the hole...... no so much on the wet/damp sand.

Because of red tide ive just not had much time in the water with the new down load to find any gold to see how it reacts to a found target. What im hoping is ..... these changes with more sensitivity and better response to coins had the reverse affect on smaller gold. Beach 2 seems almost as hot as beach 1 now..... and in some ways has a clearer tone on found targets. I was also able to transition from being in the water a bit to the wet sand without a lot of falsing/chatter in beach 1. Once i can get in the water id like to see how they differ in the water now.

PPer...... i didnt try. The depth meter seemed pretty good ..... before it was kind of their as a pretty more than useful. Lets see how it does on all that rebooting people were doing. I appreciate ML giving us a way back if we dont like the changes. I just need to figure out how they helped or hurt my style of hunting in the water.

Back
Top Bottom