Hearts desire beach, (state park).

metaladdict

Elite Member
I recently discovered this beach surrounded by Point Reyes National park. This weekend I hunted it at low tide...It was fun but minimal targets due to its remoteness.
Got all modern clad and not much of it.
Still had fun though.
Happy hunting.

Since that is a "bay" type beach , it will not be susceptible to the normal "rules" of beach erosion. Ie.: It is protected on all sides from swells, waves, etc....

In my experience, such beaches can still erode though (albeit subtly). We have a beach like that, near me. And at the oddest times (when there's no storms, swells, etc...) we show up and see that 2 ft. of sand is gone ! Boulders/rocks showing, and .... presto: Silver coins, scads of targets, etc..... But we've never been able to figure out what the rules are, for when it's going to happen. Other than extreme lunar high/low tides. So it's extremely hit & miss timing.

Since that is a "bay" type beach , it will not be susceptible to the normal "rules" of beach erosion. Ie.: It is protected on all sides from swells, waves, etc....

In my experience, such beaches can still erode though (albeit subtly). We have a beach like that, near me. And at the oddest times (when there's no storms, swells, etc...) we show up and see that 2 ft. of sand is gone ! Boulders/rocks showing, and .... presto: Silver coins, scads of targets, etc..... But we've never been able to figure out what the rules are, for when it's going to happen. Other than extreme lunar high/low tides. So it's extremely hit & miss timing.
Yeah I will never go back to that beach, costs $8.00 to boot.

Back
Top Bottom