Nox beach hunt after the firmware update.

Walrus350

Elite Member
I don't think it cuts through black sand as well as it used to. I have to slow my normal swing down to keep it from falsing in Beach 1 and 2. I had to use AUTO TRACKING. Beach 1 seemed to be worse.

It hit a dime hard at 22-25 near iron. After I'd take a scoop the ID and TONE would drop or go negative. Something similar happened with a quarter.

DEPTH GAUGE was pretty accurate.

I found some clad and a plated hoop earring.

Anyone else see these changes or is it just me?

There didnt seem quit the depth diff between the two modes now in wet sand.....but I believe beach 2 might have been improved. I didnt nitice the black sand issue....but im in Fl... I did notice cleaner tones on deeper clad. Hopefully they didnt go more that direction because im not looking for coins. Depth meter is something I rarely look at just because its based mostly on size. I dont use PP either. Hopefully they fixed some gremlins that made us do reboots..... u know those they never tell us about.

I don't think it cuts through black sand as well as it used to. I have to slow my normal swing down to keep it from falsing in Beach 1 and 2. I had to use AUTO TRACKING. Beach 1 seemed to be worse.

It hit a dime hard at 22-25 near iron. After I'd take a scoop the ID and TONE would drop or go negative. Something similar happened with a quarter.

I’ve had this happen to me various times about a month ago with stained dimes and quarters. I took off the coil cover and cleaned all the sand from the crevices and did a factory reset. It has worked good ever since. I will be going out tomorrow and see how the new update fares. Good luck and HH

I think the update might have been a Placebo. I know the quarters an equinox misses at the beach is sort of weird. Have to hunt quarters with a CTX to get them in large numbers. The Nox likes dimes though:?:

I’ve had this happen to me various times about a month ago with stained dimes and quarters. I took off the coil cover and cleaned all the sand from the crevices and did a factory reset. It has worked good ever since. I will be going out tomorrow and see how the new update fares. Good luck and HH

Yep Yep - I hate those covers since they cause a ton of issues... don't use them any more. If my coil dies I'll just get a new one - rather be happy and not driven nuts.....

GL & HH

This has happened to me lots of times before the update actually. Maybe the skid plate is full of gunk? Just did the update today. Going hunting tonight.

Coil covers are trouble in the sand. Seal them up or take them off. I've been doing it a long time and just got tired of dealing with them. Not saying that was your problem, but it is a problem.

Interesting. You think Minelab sent out an update just for a placebo effect? A measure taken just to calm or please the consumer?

I know my update made matters worse. But yeah its to take our minds off of why the 15" coil is not out yet. IMO. It's a business. You want to distract a cat, break out a laser light. He will forget what he was thinking 5 minutes ago. You can count the CTX updates on one finger.

How'd it go? I did have sand under the cover. Did a factory reset and hoping to get out at 2am and shoot video if it happens again.

Yep Yep - I hate those covers since they cause a ton of issues... don't use them any more. If my coil dies I'll just get a new one - rather be happy and not driven nuts.....

GL & HH

It was full of sand but never had an issue until after the update. I don't like the covers either. Hopefully gunk was the reason.

This has happened to me lots of times before the update actually. Maybe the skid plate is full of gunk? Just did the update today. Going hunting tonight.

Skid plate was full of sand per usual. Update on your hunt?

How many run with out the cover on the beach?

Not ME! Coils are $229 a pop!

Sounds like people are not cleaning out the coil/cover after EVERY hunt.

Sounds like people are not cleaning out the coil/cover after EVERY hunt.

I stopped using coil covers about a year ago. Noticed a lot less problems (falsing and erratic behavior) with the coil off. If I ever wear out a coil I'd rather pay for the new coil than deal with all the frustration.

Back
Top Bottom