Possible Digger

Silversmith45

Elite Member
In my over thirty years of detecting, I have always been on the lookout for new things that might work for detecting. I recently came across this. It's a klenk duct Knife made for installing duct work...cutting metal so it should be pretty sturdy. I hadn't seen it in person but it reminded me of my old 3-in-1 knife. It's hard to tell from a picture. I decided to take a chance and get one. It's not quite as wide or thick as my old digger. I doubt if you could stand on it to pry like my old 3-in-1 knife but it has possibilities. The thing is sharp and would make a great weapon. It isn't concave for scooping dirt but should cut a nice plug. I haven't had a chance to try it yet but it should cut right through roots with ease. Has anyone else ever used one for detecting?
Klenk.jpg
Klenk2.jpg

Looks like it could work for what you want , I think those are for fiber glass , I use to see insulators using them , I' m a plumber .
HH

Looks about like a hori hori or sod knife.

I have a hori hori and love it. Seems to rework good for me.

Looks like it could work for what you want , I think those are for fiber glass , I use to see insulators using them , I' m a plumber .
HH

No it's steel. The Hori-Hori knife is about as close as I've found to my old 3-in-1 knife. I use one all of the time.

Ive never tried anything like that , similar to a hori hori. I used home depot bought trowels, sod knifes and once I got the lesche just got hooked. Standard handheld lesche and Mini Sampson combo has been the best for me.
Tin

I used to work in heating and air and we would use one of them just for cutting fiberglass ductboard which really is just insulation sandwiched between tinfoil (not the galvanized ductwork) . Worked great for that purpose but don't think it would be stout enough for cutting a plug. I'm sure without exerting too much effort you would be able to bend it over your knee. Hit a root or 2 and it would end up looking like an accordian.

No it's steel. The Hori-Hori knife is about as close as I've found to my old 3-in-1 knife. I use one all of the time.

Sorry if I stated it wrong the knife is steel , it's purpose is serrated edge for flex fiberglass , smooth side for duct board and ISO board. The hori hori knife is a gaden knife . I'm sure they are both good for cutting plugs , I saw the 71000 for $ 14.81 on Amazon prime . Thanks for posting at that price , I think it would make a good addition for any MDer.
HH

Back
Top Bottom