Ever wonder whether those were really found yesterday, or found at all?

I hate to say it, but...

...it's still the same, and will always remain the same. I've seriously thought of creating a "Nort's full B.S. Blog", on my own server, of course, and leave links to the biggest B.S. MD'ing posts out here, just for food for thought. I see it Monthly, if not weekly. Yeah, yeah, we all really 'wanna' believe our fellow dectorists are not schmucks, but the truth is there are those few (or semi-few), no matter which way you slice it. Been doing this for 35+ years, just like a great many of us, and been on the Inet before most of you were grunting into your diapers, and the 'great many of of us' all know all too well how this works. Like Dad said (for those of you who know your Dad), "don't believe everything you read in the newspaper, Son". Amen...

I wish I had something to post! I Never find anything. I mostly detect because the beach bunnys think it's cool....Kind of like being a fighter pilot or race car driver. The only cool thing I ever found was a half eaten sandwich wrapped in tin foil. I also found a really strange piece of chewing gum in a square wrapper?

Lately with the price of gas I haven't been able to buy batteries so I randomly dig about every 10 feet. Sometimes people help me out and they yell, "beep, beep, beep". I really appreciate this since I have no power! I use the detector to lean on for balance and to scare away the gators if I forget the snipe cord.

So if anybody wants to give a fella a hand and steer me towards some good honey spots I might be able to find something.
I enjoy good clean comedy and you're hilarious my friend.
I just got back form my first hunt of the new week. I went to a park that I have worked 3 times in the past. It was always good for lots of change over by the basket ball hoops.

Well this time was different, tons of zincs and only one quarter and one dime. Some one had notched their way through this place. After my fifth or sixth zinc I got a typical penny bleep and out pops a glorious white gold ring with several set diamonds and a pink stone of some kind, from about 3" down.

Ain't nobody gonna believe this!

I will point out something interesting. So far this year I am averaging a piece of good jewelry every 10 hours of hunting.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

I'm sure it happens, but not very often. I have found son pretty incredible things and I don't really hammer it every day. There are just tons of people on this and other forums. There are tens of thousands of lost coins and other artifacts out there so it makes since there would be a lot of grew finds posted.
Happy hunting Doubting Thomas! Hahaha

Ever question whether all the wonderful finds we see on all the the different MD'ing forums of today are represented 100% accurately? After spending numerous hours on the forums I get a distinct feeling that many of these posts are inaccurate. Perhaps previous finds that are said to be dug yesterday, or maybe some pics of purchased coins or collections, etc.? Why would someone do such a thing? I dunno', perhaps for notoriety?

Just seems that there are many posts out there that are rather incredible in nature - consistent 100+ year old finds from rather new detectorists, to consistent and incredible finds at the same local tot lot week after week, to huge numbers of current clad whose pictures look like current pocket change, to maybe the same items used in multiple posts over different periods of time. Would be a real shame if this were true...

No whining and no ill feelings towards the fellow man, just thinking back to good lessons learned from Dad many eons ago saying "ya can't believe everything you read in the news..."
Go to "You~Tube" some finds on there just seem unbelievable !,,, but that's just more motivation for me !

Go to "You~Tube" some finds on there just seem unbelievable !,,, but that's just more motivation for me !

You can't realistically fake dug finds, there are always things that give away the truth. Everyone who is a real detectorist knows what copper, bronze, brass and nickel look like. You can't fake the dirt on coins either. Dirt hates to stick to clean coins and it's very easy to tell when something has been wiped on or pressed on versus a true dug coin someone has wiped a little bit away.

What me not know

No, not really. Guess I'm just a trusting soul. Besides, I've seen finds in person that beggar the imagination, including Spanish treasure I saw in the 1960s when I was a kid, and that's just the little bit one diver allowed me to see in a rare moment of indulgence, I'm sure there was much more. What you see here is hardly worthy of your skepticism.

There used to be a poster on here, who lived in Wales I seem to remember.
Who used to tell how he sold a lot of his finds to a rally organizer, so he
could seed the fields where the rallies were to be held.

I suppose it kept people going to his rallies every year ?

Back
Top Bottom