Pin pointer

SW Iowa Digger

Elite Member
I recently purchased a Minelab Xterra 705 got a great deal but it was still pretty much at my max budget. So back when I used to detect I would pinpoint with machine and cut my plug and wave it in front of coil to locate target. Can I still do it that way while I save for a pinpointer or is a pinpointer needed for todays machines

Absolutely you can, separate your plug from your hole to find our and scan both. Grab a handful of dirt and wave past your coil.

Pinpointer is just for convince and to save time, they are effective and you will want one, but not detrimental to your success.

Thank you everyone I was out for the second time with the new 705 today 1 merc 1 barber dime and a few wheaties I was so excited about being back in the hobby that I came home and bought a Minelab pinpointer and found a used 3 KHZ coil

Thank you everyone I was out for the second time with the new 705 today 1 merc 1 barber dime and a few wheaties I was so excited about being back in the hobby that I came home and bought a Minelab pinpointer and found a used 3 KHZ coil

Good move.
I have 3 PINPOINTERS and simply keep one in each vehicle so I always have one. It is such a timesaver that I won't hunt without one.
Last year I bought a used 705 on eBay. The seller bought it for his father and it was never used. After the Dad dies he found it in a closet and I got it for a song. I love shopping eBay.
The 705 is a nice machine. I am taking mine to Costa Rica in a few months.

Good move. I got a HF pinpointed a month ago and ordered a new Garrett last week due to the HF not working well for me.

Back
Top Bottom