got the 6" dd coil for the 705 coming.

gianetics

Elite Member
just bought the 6" hf minelab dd coil for the xterra. anyone use this one? depth? i might try a little prospecting in the mountains. has anyone used the coiltek and minelab 6"ers. any performance difference between the two? im going to test it on fort ord (tons of trash). im going to hit close to the buildings were the trash is very high, see if i can pull some goodies.

I got the 6" coil fo my CTX a year ago and it prety much stays on the machine. Depth is good, seperation is amazing. Go to your trashy spots that have yielded silver and it will be like you are in a new location again.

I have the 6" from Coiltek and have tried many experiments with it. Depth is good for a 6" coil. Seperation and VDIs are very good. The only fault I can find is if a nail is a couple inches above the target it will miss it where the stock coil will give a good tone. Might be caused by the small size though. Also gives you the ability to find very small things.

The 6"hf should hit hard on 6"+coins on edge something that the 6"lf coil cannot readily do well.

Up here, the 6" LF is unbeatable in iron. I hunt a lot of former home sites, and it's been a boon.
HF coils in general here, anywhere but the beach where you're going to dig everything anyway, will make you want to chuck your machine in short order.

Bottom line:The beauty of an Xterra is the ability to tailor it to conditions and targets sought. Learn the machine, learn your site conditions, and set it up accordingly. One size does not fit all.

Back
Top Bottom