Impossible Clad Counts and Other Bogus Threads

I'm amazed this is on page 8 totally thought it would have been shut down. Don't know why just thought someone would have come unglued by now.

I'm amazed this is on page 8 totally thought it would have been shut down. Don't know why just thought someone would have come unglued by now.

I think the fact that 22 people found my original post helpful speaks for itself.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.

Everyone that posted has been civil and as I stated a few other times that is to be commended. Even a few of the posters I really question were civil.

Maybe the mods are letting it keep going is because not only has there been no bashing but there is a lot of truth in this thread.

All of us can find amazing things. And there is still lots of amazing things to be found. Lets just be honest about it.

But if you're not, enjoy the few ohh's and ahh's you get if that makes you happy.

perhaps the offenders can't come unglued since they know the jig is up and we are really on to them:laughing:

If I wanted to find clad I could search my couch or look on the floor of the car, I didn't take up metal detecting to dig that krap. I'm the one who will spend hours by myself or with the boys crawling thru the pounded parks and schools looking for silvers masked by garbage or too deep for most machines to find. I enjoy the challenge of trying to find 200 silvers each season...and have gotten pretty good at it...my bad:laughing:

I like silver , but clad buys the beer !!! :roll:

Yep you have to dig through the clad to get to the older coins. Might as well keep the clad to buy batteries, and oh yeah BEER!:laughing:

The way some talk they must throw away all the clad they find.

( Overheard while guy digs a target ) ...." Shoot , its another dang clad quarter !!! " ,......( guy throws quarter into the woods , cursing its very existence ) :laughing:

Glad to know that I was not the only one to find some posts unbelievable!

This has been an excellent read. The pun's were funny and the real posts educational. I have looked at some posts and thought the same thing as what the original poster expressed but who am I to judge. I spend a little time each year swinging my detector and anything I find is a keeper. I will take clad, toys, silver and gold. If I spend the time digging it I take it home. If it is junk it gets recycled, if it is spendable it gets spent.
Glad to know I have company and that I am not the only one that found some totals hard to believe. I know that if I was retired and was in a GREAT location the things I read might be possible but not in the area where I live.
Glad to know there are others that enjoy the time spent swinging.

Remember the post about a guy who found a large gold chain which was entangled in the roots under a tree. As I recall he left it to go back and dig it later, but he disappeared, and none of the pictures requested were ever taken. :roll:

:laughing: I remember that dude! He was on here almost daily with some bogus cra*! (see post #147) http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=183500&highlight=oak+tree+gold+chain&page=8
I got off work early that day an just fired up the puter, as soon as he posted the pic. I did google images for "Gold coin necklace" and there it was in all it's glory. I bout crappe* myself laughing and the tears shorted out my keyboard! :lol: What a tool. Speaking of which, my gf calls this kind of thing, "Small Peni* Syndrome." I almost got in a fight once with a guy in a, yes, you guessed it, a Corvette owner that cut me off then pulled into the same parking lot we went into.....I let it go but she walked up by the guy and said, "Nice car, sorry about your peni*!" :wow: He got pisse* and I had to very authoritatively shut his a** down before he got a spanikn. That being said.......my car is a beat up piece of sh**! ;) You guys DO believe my post about finding all of those pennies (100's!) in one hole when I first started right? :?:

:laughing: I remember that dude! He was on here almost daily with some bogus cra*! (see post #147) http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=183500&highlight=oak+tree+gold+chain&page=8
I got off work early that day an just fired up the puter, as soon as he posted the pic. I did google images for "Gold coin necklace" and there it was in all it's glory. I bout crappe* myself laughing and the tears shorted out my keyboard! :lol: What a tool. Speaking of which, my gf calls this kind of thing, "Small Peni* Syndrome." I almost got in a fight once with a guy in a, yes, you guessed it, a Corvette owner that cut me off then pulled into the same parking lot we went into.....I let it go but she walked up by the guy and said, "Nice car, sorry about your peni*!" :wow: He got pisse* and I had to very authoritatively shut his a** down before he got a spanikn. That being said.......my car is a beat up piece of sh**! ;) You guys DO believe my post about finding all of those pennies (100's!) in one hole when I first started right? :?:

I remember that thread! You got the credit for outing him. I never posted on it but was laughing the whole time. Then a mod killed your fun.

As we all know there are plenty of others to take his place. A few are here now. They won't last either.

Lord, I don't remember your hundreds of pennies. you have a link to the thread?? LOL

That was a fun trip down memory lane...I had to go back and read most of the posts from that thread..

Back
Top Bottom