Default Talking with Chuck Madigan of Sunspot Tools, maker of Stealth Scoops

I managed to get an interview with Chuck for my blog. Link below:

http://www.goldunderwater.com/interv...tealth-scoops/

* 2016 Treasure Count: Gold Rings: 20 | Plat Rings: 2 *

Old 07-25-2017, 06:04 PM

Good reading, thanks for posting this.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:42 PM
A Knight of the Round Coil

I have had issues with my CF handle and 1 with my scoop but I am a believer in Chuck and the way I have been treated whenever I have contacted them. His service is A+ is my book! I don't think I would ever go anywhere else.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:26 PM
Supporter

Hey! That was a good interview! Thanks! I'm sure you talked about a lot of other things during...That Germany experience was awesome...streamlining definitely is the immediate future...we have discussed this a time or two here..regarding lower shafts especially..an oval shaped almost flat kind of deal like a canoe paddle turned sideways concept instead of a round rod is much more hydrodynamic...along with a flatter hydrodynamic coil cover or something...pushing a stock round rod and stock block coil through the water has inherent hydrodynamic limitations on:
How long and how far and how effortless a guy can hunt in a given amount of TIME.....so yeah...theres a market for such things...

Imagine whipping a rig through the water as effortlessly as a guy can do on land? Hunt twice the area in half the time..?

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:16 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Hey! That was a good interview! Thanks! I'm sure you talked about a lot of other things during...That Germany experience was awesome...streamlining definitely is the immediate future...we have discussed this a time or two here..regarding lower shafts especially..an oval shaped almost flat kind of deal like a canoe paddle turned sideways concept instead of a round rod is much more hydrodynamic...along with a flatter hydrodynamic coil cover or something...pushing a stock round rod and stock block coil through the water has inherent hydrodynamic limitations on:
How long and how far and how effortless a guy can hunt in a given amount of TIME.....so yeah...theres a market for such things...

Imagine whipping a rig through the water as effortlessly as a guy can do on land? Hunt twice the area in half the time..?
metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=248921
Paddle shape would have many problems designing and in water. Such as head on waves, current, or pinpointing.
This shaft is about as thin as it's going to get.
Cool interview. The Germany story reminds me a lot of what I've done. Thanks to Minelab and people making YouTube videos almost everywhere is being or been hunted.

Last edited by Steve; 07-26-2017 at 07:34 AM.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:19 PM

Was thrilled when I was able to snag a used sunspot scoop for great price. The one with that angled foot bracket attached to the back. It's a great scoop!

Old 07-26-2017, 09:37 PM
Elite Member

Great interview. I use his 720i and love it. If there is a better scoop I've never found it. Thanks for sharing.