Just found a silver Colonial Real 1780 !!

Gorgar

Elite Member
Wow. Found this about 5 inches down at a house tear down site. A 1780 Spanish Colonial Silver 1/2 Real. Mexico Mint Mark. It was a very good solid penny tone on my ATP detector. Its thinner and smaller than a dime. I am still in shock. "You just never know". HH

:wow2:

Attachments

• 1780realefront.jpg
    1780realefront.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 296
  • 1780realeback.jpg
    1780realeback.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 264
Amazing find! Congrats on the Reale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow,great find!Seems like the best finds are always within 6 inches or less.Awesome save,Congrats ,you should post that in Garrett website,you might get a prize for real.

Wow,great find!Seems like the best finds are always within 6 inches or less.Awesome save,Congrats ,you should post that in Garrett website,you might get a prize for real.

Thanks Woodbutcher! I found the site and submitted my story. I was with my brother who was new to metal detecting. It made my day as well as his! Thanks for the tip!

How Awesome! I just watched a documentary about the Great Hurricane of 1780..So a fellow could imagine himself back in the day when that coin was minted....Man, thats a trophy you got there Gorgar!

Im so jealous of everyone finding this spanish silver.... I WANT ONE! Great job on rescuing that little guy.

Wow. Found this about 5 inches down at a house tear down site. A 1780 Spanish Colonial Silver 1/2 Real. Mexico Mint Mark. It was a very good solid penny tone on my ATP detector. Its thinner and smaller than a dime. I am still in shock. "You just never know". HH

Welcome to the club!!!!! HUGE HUGE score......CONGRATS

The below link I found while researching my first reale I found a couple weeks ago - must be the season.....
http://coinquest.com/cgi-bin/cq/coins?main_action=spanish-colonials

Back
Top Bottom