Civil war?

matthew.

I really don’t know how a civil war bullet would be where I found it, unless it was a souvenir that someone dropped at some point. It was 5 inches down, but I ho early don’t know how to tell if it’s actually civil war or something more modern.

Attachments

• 7997DA1C-E821-4E83-9121-86BE6D9752D1.jpg
    7997DA1C-E821-4E83-9121-86BE6D9752D1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 295
  • 5D197C1C-1D1A-496E-8FF2-7F26D11927D3.jpg
    5D197C1C-1D1A-496E-8FF2-7F26D11927D3.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 297
I'm not the Civil War relic expert on here but I buy and reload some lead bullets for rifles and a number of handguns and that doesn't look modern to me.

It has 3 rings and a hollow base and from reading others posts and their pics I'd say yes you have a CW bullet in my misguided opinion, lol.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Might be more there, looks pretty good though..

Searching more, you might get a better example...

<°)))>{

I would say it’s a three ringer for sure but that doesn’t mean it’s from the civil war. The same guns and bullets were all over the US and used for hunting and protection too. After the war I’m sure many went home with the troops too. The white patina looks like it has age to it so I would say it’s roughly that time period or a little after. I’m by no means a expert at the civil war stuff though this is just what I would assume. Cool find though!!!

I would say it’s a three ringer for sure but that doesn’t mean it’s from the civil war. The same guns and bullets were all over the US and used for hunting and protection too. After the war I’m sure many went home with the troops too. The white patina looks like it has age to it so I would say it’s roughly that time period or a little after. I’m by no means a expert at the civil war stuff though this is just what I would assume. Cool find though!!!

I agree it appears to be a three ringer. It's possible it could from a CW veteran. I found a 69 cal three ringer on my property.. No know skirmishes here. but there is an old road bed that probably been used during the CW. It makes me wonder where it came from..

Maybe you are on part of Morgan's raid. Or, even better, maybe a union basic training camp. Or else it's one of those Kentucky boys showing how far a Kentucky long rifle will shoot.

I'm in a CW rich area, and we find them all the time (3 ringers). Unless there was a particular battle in your area, it is hard to pinpoint it to the CW, but without a doubt, it's from that time period. Nice find!

thanks for all the information. it was found at a house built in 1919, that was originally a log cabin. i don't know if the log cabin was built in 1919, or if the house addition was built in 1919, but i've been hitting the property really hard.

Back
Top Bottom