Short Sweet Silva! Update: and a Half $!

MrNovice

Forum Supporter
Went to a nearby park, it's huge and people practice soccer in the field all the time. I've already cleaned out the totlot as best as can be with the equipment I have, but it has taken me forever to really want to start on the field area. The 50 times I've already hit parts of it, there are so many targets and just junk everywhere that I've only really concentrated on pulling the high tones. Easy pay there, pulling out literally handfuls of Q's and dimes. One large silver ring that I remember and a whole bunch of bottle caps just to help clear it out and anything else that really peaks my interest. One if those huge type fields that you can just wander around aimlessly in until you get your fill and your arm starts hurting from swinging.

I only had time to hit it again for about an hour, so I only could do two long passes. One from the truck to the other side of the field and one beside it back to the truck. Still listening for mainly high tones, and about 3 inches down pops out this!

Oh yeah, easy peasy! The flattened penny says "Busch Gardens" and it hit hard and was deeper than the detector said, guess because it's flat and larger than a normal penny now. :laughing: I have no idea what the Atlanta radio badge is doing in Dallas now, but it hit hard and was sure I had hit another silver but :no:

I guess one silver is good enough for a short hunt. Going to go out again tonight after kids and momma go to bed. Full moon helps to light up those totlots on those long windy fall nights! Weather is perfect too for jeans and a t-shirt, thanks for looking and catch you later!

UPDATE: went back to the field again, tried to grid a few more rows and came up with a little more...

Big coin in there, but that Texas Red Clay has a good hold on it. Was dreaming of a large cent or even a silver dollar so I could join the club...but I'll have to settle for a half...

I can't even make out a date on the damn thing. :?:

Oh well, at least it still counts. Rang up 92 on the ATP, hoping it's a least a good one made of 90% silver. Not sure if the 40% ones ring up any different on VDI or not, being they are both big coins...

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Congrats on the half as well! It's a clad half but still a cool coin that you don't come across very often while detecting.

Congratulations on the silver and on the JFK half!...bummer about it huh? I doubt this modern clad is gonna hold up in the dirt for 100yrs..sheesh, its half rotten when its dropped....My daughter has started collecting those milled pennies for some reason...:laughing:
Yeah big Full moon! Nice hunting weather and Good Luck MrN!!

Congrats on the half as well! It's a clad half but still a cool coin that you don't come across very often while detecting.

It got my heart racing a little, which rarely ever happens digging coins since there's not much history here.

Congratulations on the silver and on the JFK half!...bummer about it huh? I doubt this modern clad is gonna hold up in the dirt for 100yrs..sheesh, its half rotten when its dropped....My daughter has started collecting those milled pennies for some reason...:laughing:
Yeah big Full moon! Nice hunting weather and Good Luck MrN!!

Weather was perfect last night. Nice 10mph breeze watching the leaves fall, low of 64 degrees and huge bright moon lighting up the dirt. Just wish we didn't have that red clay. Anything that falls gets eaten by it, that's why I like the woodchip totters for coins...most come out spic and span!

Excellent finds! Congrats on the silver, half and the rest!

Thank you, sir!

Congrats on the pendant:waytogo:. I have found a few half dollar coins but none of them silver. Like you, I always hope.:D

Back
Top Bottom