quarter trifecta and more... best day yet!!!

gunwolf

Elite Member
started the day at my new spot in the park... pulled another 12 wheats and one Rosie and a merc... met up with my hunting partner Daveowny and we went to one permission at an old farm/orchard.. but the grass was too long today. So we headed out for some door knocking and came to an old school converted into a business.. we went up and asked and they said ... "HAVE AT IT" :D so I wasn't there 5 minutes and I hit the standing liberty... a few feet later I hit the barber, about a half hour later I hit the Washington, and there was another visit from Rosie in there too! funny how I was telling Dave I wanted my third dime trifecta of the year... turns out I was shut down on that.. but gave me a silver Quarter trifecta instead! best day of the year for me.. another 15 wheats in total.. which puts me at 200 this year...another 6 silver coins today, and a sterling engraved spoon handle (couldn't find the rest)...

Amazing hunt! Don't see many Quarter Trifectas! That was a heckuva door knock. Congrats on the 6 silver day. :wow::wow::wow::shock::shock::shock:

Congrats on a great hunt that you will remember forever!!

A quarter Trifecta = AWESOME!!!!

thanks a lot guys.. let me tell you.. there is nothing sweeter sounding than a 12-48 on the E-trac! you automatically know it's a silver quarter... no bouncing numbers.. straight up 12-48! super screech high tone!

That's just a fantastic day in anyone's book! Those Barber and Standing Liberty quarters don't show their heads very often. Big Congrats!

beephead

Hard to imagine a better day of hunting. Three quarters is OUTSTANDING!!:D Congratulations on a day like we all look forward to.:D

When you started a serious grid I knew you were on to somthin. I got the Red Book out to check out that 42 merc, that thing could've been worth a couple grand with that mint mishap. I'm still staring at it trying to put the 41 over the 42 :roll:. Always fun watching you work that etrac..Sweet Hunt!

When you started a serious grid I knew you were on to somthin. I got the Red Book out to check out that 42 merc, that thing could've been worth a couple grand. I'm still staring at it trying to put the 41 over the 42 :roll:. Always fun watching you work that etrac..Sweet Hunt!

wouldn't have found all that without ya... staring at a coin does sometimes make it morph into what you want it to be...
I still stare at that very toasted 1955 wheaty I swear is a double strike! then I puit my glasses on and it goes away...
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom