New church permission next door to dead hoarder's house

QuarterHoarder

Got permission to dig at a church built around 1925. When I spoke to the pastor he warned me that the next door neighbor back in the 50's was a hoarder and had trash and car parts all over the property. When the neighbor died in the early 1970's, the church bought his property, knocked down the falling apart house, and covered a lot of the garbage with dirt.

Well, he wasn't kidding..... I must have dug 200 targets and all sorts of trashy objects in this lot. I did find some cool pieces though including a kids handgun, a bell, a silver Franklin half, some silver dimes, and a few other interesting pieces, even a live snake in one of the holes!

If you are interested in the hunt video, here is the YouTube link: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuQkRj4O4Uw

Attachments

• Gun Franklin 2.jpg
    Gun Franklin 2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 562
Cool finds. Good returns in a difficult hunting spot.

The video was cool.

I guess its just my eyes but the coins in the photo look like they were photoshopped in. :roll:

Cool finds. Good returns in a difficult hunting spot.

The video was cool.

I guess its just my eyes but the coins in the photo look like they were photoshopped in. :roll:

I grabbed a still photo from the wrap-up of my video. In the video the coins were off to the right and out of frame of the gun and I wanted to post just one photo here so I moved them over with photoshop. Man nothing gets past your eagle eyes! Lol.

Outstanding! Those old hoarders...man..you never know....I've seen the TV shows about them and have known a few...thats a beauty of a Ben....I bet he had a milk pail full buried out there someplace!
Mud

Congratulations on taking the time to search through the junk to come away with the silver.:D There is probably more where they came from.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom