update on the old wedding ring I found

pryan67

Forum Supporter
It looks to be copper or brass. I've been out of town so didn't have a chance to clean it up until now, so put it in the tumbler for about 15 minutes. It looks pretty good...needs some more cleaning though.

Have to check with my friend who's house I found it at if it might be one of his grandparents or great-grandparents

Attachments

• IMG_0769.jpg
    IMG_0769.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 321
My son found a brass ring like that at an 1899 house we checked. We left it dirty though.

I thought about leaving it dirty, but I was REALLY curious as to if it were silver or not :) Plus, if it DID belong to my friend's ancestor, it would be nice to give to him shinier

I have read about a lot of the rings from the 1800's were marked as gold but were in fact brass. Depending on the age of the property, this maybe what you have is a ring from that period.

Ray

I have read about a lot of the rings from the 1800's were marked as gold but were in fact brass. Depending on the age of the property, this maybe what you have is a ring from that period.

Ray

I'm thinking it's from the late 1800's...it's not marked at all, but based upon depth and how it looked I think that's the time frame.

Back
Top Bottom