Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Stories and Pictures of Finds

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-10-2018, 02:01 PM
NCtoad's Avatar
NCtoad NCtoad is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Western NC
Posts: 1,584
Default My best coin to junk ratio ever w/silver

Took the kids to a very small city park today. I've hit this particular area multiple times before with the F70 and compadre, but only had the Nox here once before today. Was running mostly 2 tones with the tone break at 22 in park 1, iron bias 0, recovery speed at 7 and sense at 18. I did run 5 tones with 12 and 13 set to a high tone for maybe 10 minutes if that, thus two of the nickels. The other two were dug in 2 tones by watching the vdi. The hunt was only about 45 minutes long. Got a 1942 merc and $1.47 in clad and only 1, yes one piece of trash! I usually dig solid lower signals looking for gold, but today I concentrated on coins looking for silver and it paid off. This place is at least 100 years old and it's where I dug my very first silver coin, a 1964 rosie. This merc was about 5 inches down.
Attached Images
  

__________________
Tesoro Compadre 8" coil, Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Equinox 800


Last edited by NCtoad; 07-10-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 07-10-2018, 07:01 PM
Foragist's Avatar
Foragist Foragist is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chippewa Valley, Wisconsin
Posts: 1,476
Default

Very nice! Gotta love a good clean hunt with a fast & light machine.
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 07-10-2018, 10:07 PM
goodtimecharlie's Avatar
goodtimecharlie goodtimecharlie is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,976
Default

Congrats on the Merc! Love the Nox it amazes me ever time I take it out.

__________________
Equinox 600-Tesoro Tiger Shark- White's TRX Pinpointer

Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 07-11-2018, 07:43 AM
Dewsweeper894's Avatar
Dewsweeper894 Dewsweeper894 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,393
Smile

Nice work NC 👍
Sounds like nice little spot to sniff around a little more .
See if it hold more keepers .
, Dew

__________________
Minelab ETrac & Tesoro V , 2018 YTD Totals - S = 120
WP = 233, IHP = 5, Buffs 4, CL = 188.80

Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 07-11-2018, 09:38 AM
Mud-puppy's Avatar
Mud-puppy Mud-puppy is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: West Michigan area
Posts: 11,071
Default

Great hunt and report there Toad! As you know, I'm killer with the F70, but getting Very Curious about how this NOX compares as well as a possible advantage...for how I hunt, which is very similar to how you hunt...also how fast can I learn it and runNgun in full tones on the rig...for fast clad hammering in the Fall season where I make my pay...


I dont want to waste any time having to learn something that might confuse me too much...plus about hopping the coil on it to pinpoint and then stab accurately...all sorts of questions...

From what I've seen, The NOX should make a hell of a clad Hammer, its just figuring out if it will be 20% better than what I'm running now?

I know my 70 so well, and it throws off big pay, paid for over and over...so what is my advantage (need) to get me a NOX...? Well, I think...It may be able to replace my F70 for dirt work AND my AtPro for the water Gold?!...These are my thoughts and I am watching closely similar users and first adapters such as yourself......thanks again for your posts and experiences so far...

__________________

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 07-11-2018, 12:35 PM
GroundSweeper's Avatar
GroundSweeper GroundSweeper is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Placer Co., CA
Posts: 14,398
Default

Man thatís some good hunting Toad! Congrats on the silver and the Nox.

__________________
2 Compadres : 2018 (Total (4/4/13 to date)) - Clad: $163.22 ($804.72), Silver coins: 1 (6), Wheats: 17 (45), Gold: 6 (24), .925 8 (57), Rings: 41 (181), Oldest Coins: 1921 Ten Centavos Filipinas; Chinese cash coin

Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 07-11-2018, 02:30 PM
JAK's Avatar
JAK JAK is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Southeastern, PA
Posts: 2,676
Default

Congrats on the silver and a good ratio of nickels to coins too!

__________________
Equinox 800 -- 15", 11" & 6" coils

Oldest coin: 1760 Colonial Half Penny; Oldest US coin: 1796 Large Cent; Oldest US silver coin: 1861 Liberty Seat Dime; 2017 Y/E Clad: $616.38: 2018 Y/E: TBA

Coin record amounts found on one of various days: Quarters-113; Dimes-86; Nickels-53

Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 07-11-2018, 03:23 PM
NCtoad's Avatar
NCtoad NCtoad is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Western NC
Posts: 1,584
Default

Originally Posted by Foragist View post
Very nice! Gotta love a good clean hunt with a fast & light machine.
Thanks, when you ignore gold, you do a lot less digging!
Originally Posted by goodtimecharlie View post
Congrats on the Merc! Love the Nox it amazes me ever time I take it out.
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Dewsweeper894 View post
Nice work NC 👍
Sounds like nice little spot to sniff around a little more .
See if it hold more keepers .
, Dew
I get to that place every so often and hit it for an hour or so. I'm sure there's more there.
Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Great hunt and report there Toad! As you know, I'm killer with the F70, but getting Very Curious about how this NOX compares as well as a possible advantage...for how I hunt, which is very similar to how you hunt...also how fast can I learn it and runNgun in full tones on the rig...for fast clad hammering in the Fall season where I make my pay...


I dont want to waste any time having to learn something that might confuse me too much...plus about hopping the coil on it to pinpoint and then stab accurately...all sorts of questions...

From what I've seen, The NOX should make a hell of a clad Hammer, its just figuring out if it will be 20% better than what I'm running now?

I know my 70 so well, and it throws off big pay, paid for over and over...so what is my advantage (need) to get me a NOX...? Well, I think...It may be able to replace my F70 for dirt work AND my AtPro for the water Gold?!...These are my thoughts and I am watching closely similar users and first adapters such as yourself......thanks again for your posts and experiences so far...
Mud, I'm not sure you would be that much better off with a nox than what you've got. The F70 doesn't miss much and you're really good and fast with it. It may take quite some time to make up your ROI if you bought a nox. The reason I bought one was for the waterproof aspect. In fact right before the nox came out I was seriously looking at the ATmax, but once I started reading up on the nox I knew I'd be happier with it mainly because of the multi frequency.
Originally Posted by GroundSweeper View post
Man thatís some good hunting Toad! Congrats on the silver and the Nox.
Thanks GS!

__________________
Tesoro Compadre 8" coil, Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Equinox 800

Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.