Art of the Pull Tab

clearwatermike

Elite Member
I started saving each beaver tail pull tab whenever it was different from the ones I found before. After I had a good number, I made a little wall art for the man cave. I read that these are true pull tabs...the ones we find these days are called "stay tabs", because they stay with the can (yeah, right)!

Attachments

• IMG_3337.jpg
    IMG_3337.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 964
Nice job... pretty neat! Only a metal detectorist could bring pull-tabs to such potential. :laughing:

A while back if I remember correctly a guy made a clock out of them... similar to yours and sold it on ebay for a nice chunk of change

A neat display of the history of those (Expletive Deleted) Pull Tabs. You put in a lot of time studying the history. Well Done. Actually I do like your display.

David, She said I already had one. It's called the dog house.:crybaby::fright::surrender:

lol.... are one of these yours? If so, might not be that bad afterall. Check out these doggy-pads...

Attachments

• dh miami.jpg
    dh miami.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 313
  • DH tn.JPG
    DH tn.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 319
  • dh BnB.jpg
    dh BnB.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 310
I started saving each beaver tail pull tab whenever it was different from the ones I found before. After I had a good number, I made a little wall art for the man cave. I read that these are true pull tabs...the ones we find these days are called "stay tabs", because they stay with the can (yeah, right)!

Nice work but kind of like watching a horror movie. :shock:

The 4 oldest ones you have that are mounted over the word "pull tabs" are great! and Old! Cool! I save those when I find them too. I don't find them too often tho. Actually the last one I found was at a drive in movie park lot and was a simple visual find. I was not detecting. That Drive in Theater is still having weekly movies!. How can a pull tab from the early 60's still be sitting on the ground like it was dropped yesterday?? crazy and weird! When I showed it around to my buds, and how cool it was, everyone thought I was nuts! They knew to trust me on the age of it, they know I know my history and can ID most 20th century Junk! lol
Great idea to mount them!

Back
Top Bottom