Nox 800 inbound, thanks Jeff @ Quality Metal Detectors!!!

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Just pulled the trigger on an Equinox 800 from forum sponsor Jeff at Quality Metal Detectors!

Can't believe it really. I finally coerced myself to sell some of my gold finds and buy a salt water and nugget able machine! Pretty excited.

I'm going to have a learning curve, coming from a pair of Compadres (which I really do enjoy using) - just wanted something I can use in the wet salt sand and the rivers around me for nuggets!

Awesome deal from Jeff (thank you!!!).

:detector:

Sweet! Yeah, Jeff hooked me and the Yooper up on our NOX 800's...We went right to his house even!...Of course that would not be efficient for you...but yeah..he took care of you alright! Go make that rig pay!

Attachments

• upnorthmike-2.jpg
    upnorthmike-2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 230
Congrats GS
glad to see you pulled the trigger !!

as far as the learning curve.. it really isn't as bad as some make it out to be.

a few words of advice as far as bottle caps go and other things go to get you up and running quick.

Bottle caps like to come in like gold or a nickel anywhere in the 10-15 range
switch over to 10khz and if the sound and numbers jump up significantly it is for sure a bottle cap.

Nickels for me anywhere from 11-12 to 12-13 mostly 11-12 in my soil
Never once dug anything any good at 15
22 and hitting hard.. screw cap
23-26 range copper
26-27 Dime Silver dime (27-28)
29-31 Quarter when you hit a quarter you will know it.

Rings usually a solid number and doesn't bounce much

anyways Good luck buddy you are going to love it

Wooohooo! Congrats man!

Thanks Tom! I’m pretty blown away right now :lol:

Sweet! Yeah, Jeff hooked me and the Yooper up on our NOX 800's...We went right to his house even!...Of course that would not be efficient for you...but yeah..he took care of you alright! Go make that rig pay!

That’s awesome Mud! I bought my Compadre from Jeff 4 years or so ago, day after I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled :lol: h3ll of a birthday present to myself. I would love to be able to drive up that way and detect etc, but no time soon!

Congrats GS
glad to see you pulled the trigger !!

as far as the learning curve.. it really isn't as bad as some make it out to be.

a few words of advice as far as bottle caps go and other things go to get you up and running quick.

Bottle caps like to come in like gold or a nickel anywhere in the 10-15 range
switch over to 10khz and if the sound and numbers jump up significantly it is for sure a bottle cap.

Nickels for me anywhere from 11-12 to 12-13 mostly 11-12 in my soil
Never once dug anything any good at 15
22 and hitting hard.. screw cap
23-26 range copper
26-27 Dime Silver dime (27-28)
29-31 Quarter when you hit a quarter you will know it.

Rings usually a solid number and doesn't bounce much

anyways Good luck buddy you are going to love it

Wow SOM! Thanks for the info! I’m hoping to be able to pay more attention to the audio than the numbers but it all intrigues me!

I’m going to stick it under the tree, but will be sneaking a peak for sure!

Paid Quality mid-morning and it shipped already, supposed to arrive next Tuesday!

Did I mention killer deal all-around from Quality Metal Detectors?!! :D Thank you Jeff!

That’s an exciting change for you GS! The one thing that hasn’t changed and never will is the BASICS. How you listened to the Tesoros will be very similar how you listen to anything else...that “round” sound for coins,repeatability of a signal,making sure it doesn’t appear to signal here on this sweep,there on that sweep....and you get the instant benefit of multi tone audio and different frequencies, along with TID numbers to confirm or dispute the validity of a good target. That’s a lot to take in...as Lois Griffin would say....but let your experience be your guide. Over time our ears tell us pretty much right away what is junk and what is not, and hopefully this new machine will help you to keep weeding out the trash while hunting new areas. An exciting time indeed, as you fade over to the dark side...

Fuddy and Duddy plying the shores of the Great Lakes.....;)

That’s an exciting change for you GS! The one thing that hasn’t changed and never will is the BASICS. How you listened to the Tesoros will be very similar how you listen to anything else...that “round” sound for coins,repeatability of a signal,making sure it doesn’t appear to signal here on this sweep,there on that sweep....and you get the instant benefit of multi tone audio and different frequencies, along with TID numbers to confirm or dispute the validity of a good target. That’s a lot to take in...as Lois Griffin would say....but let your experience be your guide. Over time our ears tell us pretty much right away what is junk and what is not, and hopefully this new machine will help you to keep weeding out the trash while hunting new areas. An exciting time indeed, as you fade over to the dark side...

Thanks IDX, great post!

Awesome, enjoy it!

Thank you Jam! :)

Congrats, GS! You're going to love it! Quality is where I got mine, too! Awesome, fast service!

Now save up and get that 6" coil. It will find the goods in the trash!

We need to meet up some time and hunt. I'm taking off two weeks starting Christmas week. What do you think? Got some time to get together and hunt?

Congrats, GS! You're going to love it! Quality is where I got mine, too! Awesome, fast service!

Now save up and get that 6" coil. It will find the goods in the trash!

We need to meet up some time and hunt. I'm taking off two weeks starting Christmas week. What do you think? Got some time to get together and hunt?

Thanks Diggum! I’m hoping to be camping at the beach after Christmas but the following week - I’ll take a day off or call in sick :lol: and we should detect, that would be awesome! Still working on finalizing plans - I’ll hit you up when I know more!

Big Congrats! I've got a Nox 600 being delivered today. I haven't even read the manual yet. LOL I guess I'll wing it and use Park 1 to start out with.

beephead

Congratulations!! I just unboxed my Nox 800 (from Jeff as well) and now it's on the charger. Dang, it's like watching a pot of water boil....lol!! HH!!

Thanks Diggum! I’m hoping to be camping at the beach after Christmas but the following week - I’ll take a day off or call in sick :lol: and we should detect, that would be awesome! Still working on finalizing plans - I’ll hit you up when I know more!

Sounds great, GS!

mudd!//what ya give up on them there tesoros?

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I'm going to have a learning curve...

Congrats GS! I’ve only got about 12 hours on my EQ800, but I can definitely confirm that there’s a learning curve coming from different manufacturers. Not just because the tones/numbers are different - the infinitely adjustable settings, while fabulous, also mean it’ll take some effort, experimentation, and time to truly master. But all that said, it’s been a fun, interesting learning curve so far!

Congrats on the new machine,If anyone on here is gonna get theyre money’s worth out of a machine it’s gonna be you,I always see your finds,lots of dedication

Back
Top Bottom