$100 dollar day !!!

Dan B.

Elite Member
I had the day off for Columbus Day so I decided to get some detecting in. Got a permission for a late 1800s house. And to my surprise I did not find any silver coins or Indian Head pennies not even one single wheat. But I did manage to find a Tootsie toy car a full harmonica Reed a Bling Ring a 925 ring and a sterling silver ring and a $100 peso. And $3.53 in clad.

Oops I forgot to post the pics

Attachments

• IMG_20171009_204313.jpg
    IMG_20171009_204313.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_20171009_204243.jpg
    IMG_20171009_204243.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 431
Wow!!!

Hey way to go on the centuries old home. Just for some 411 I was wondering how do I find the oldest neighborhoods in my city and once found what's the best way to approach a house and what do I say? I'm new to this so any info is useful . Thanx and congrats on the finds.

Cool! You got silver rings and that big V Carranza! Man! I bet you thought you had a huge gold coin when you found that one! I know I did when I pulled one up many years ago...:laughing:

I found one of those in the coinstar this year, I believe it is equal to about 5 $ USD if I remember correctly. Great finds!

Hey way to go on the centuries old home. Just for some 411 I was wondering how do I find the oldest neighborhoods in my city and once found what's the best way to approach a house and what do I say? I'm new to this so any info is useful . Thanx and congrats on the finds.

First of all I would like to say welcome to the Forum and to the Hobby of metal detecting. For me it is kind of easy to find the old houses since the majority of this area used to be oil boom country. I would suggest looking on historical aerial photos there you can compare the past photos and present photos to find out the older areas. I would also suggest your local library looking up old Maps. As far as approaching a homeowner I always try to look nice nothing ripped and torn. I introduce myself inform them how much I enjoy history and finding relics. I explain to them the process in which I retrieve the item. I never say dig a hole I always use the term I cut a plug retrieve the object Place plug back in and fluff up the grass. And let them know that I respect their yard as if it was my own. I hope this helps happy hunting and good luck.

Cool! You got silver rings and that big V Carranza! Man! I bet you thought you had a huge gold coin when you found that one! I know I did when I pulled one up many years ago...:laughing:
With all the dirt on it when I first pulled it out of the ground I thought it may have been a large cent I have never found one yet maybe next time thanks

Nice finds, Dan! That Carranza coin is pretty slick, and the silver rings are certainly a fine substitute for silver coins! Good hunt!

Back
Top Bottom