Show us your big a** scoops!

Ocean Scoop

Just had this built by my son's neigbor. All stainless steel 8" 1/2 " holes. Been looseing alot of targets at the ocean. So we did a deal , I built him some turkey calls & he built the scoop. We are both very happy. Now can't wait for the right tide to try it.

Attachments

• 100_2014.jpg
    100_2014.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 648
Yup. Like 200 a pop. Scoop looks diesal. Not sure how people making the diablo would feel, but that is a awsome design, and you can tell the welds would hold the test of time...and the torque.

hh an gl. -Joe

That is one of the sharpest designs I have seen in some time... talk about a beautiful "roll of nickles"... ;)

SSC:p

Yup. Like 200 a pop. Scoop looks diesal. Not sure how people making the diablo would feel, but that is a awsome design, and you can tell the welds would hold the test of time...and the torque.

hh an gl. -Joe

There's no profit margin.... Truly a one off.

-Tim

Did someone say "scoops"!:lol:

Still use the same two that I made about 4 years ago with no problems.
I've used them some around the fresh water lakes here and Patty has discovered they'll dig a hole for planting in her garden.
We've made several trips to the OBX, Amelia Island, St. Simons Island, and plan to return this Thanksgiving. Been doing mostly gold prospecting in the last two years... but, I still check the board to see if Yanks are still using aluminum scoops!:shock:

patty1a.jpg

scoop7.jpg

patty5.jpg

OBX-2.jpg

Best at ya!

Wayne

Number9. Hi Wayne,
your 2 scoop of titanium remains today the best amateur scoop made ​​of titanium.
Ruslan.

Snapped this pic a couple years ago, picture doesn't do it justice, it was take-a-scoop and hook it to a drag line huge, I think the basket was 10"+ diameter and the hadle was like 5 1/2 feet long.....

moto_1336.jpg

Here's one I "built" as a loaner :grin:

moto_1424.jpg

Snapped this pic a couple years ago, picture doesn't do it justice, it was take-a-scoop and hook it to a drag line huge, I think the basket was 10"+ diameter and the hadle was like 5 1/2 feet long.....

moto_1336.jpg

moto_1424.jpg

Thats a pretty cool handle with the twists...

moto_1336.jpg

moto_1424.jpg

Cool scoop and handle! :yes: So who do you loan that other scoop too! :?: :lol:

heres my scoops

I use these two scoops. I purchased a minelab excalibur about a year ago so far I have found one gold ring and two silver rings along with about $25 in change. I really enjoy this hobby.

Attachments

• DSC01225.jpg
    DSC01225.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 505
  • DSC01224.jpg
    DSC01224.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 569
  • DSC01223.jpg
    DSC01223.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 582
  • DSC01222.jpg
    DSC01222.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 570
Bill, I like how you did the 20 degree angle to the ProScoop, very nice. How is it holding up? Did you have that fabricated?

scoop

i purchased some stainless steel 1 1/2 wide by 1/8 inch thick and welded it together with my miller tig welder. Then I drilled approximately 50 3/8 inch holes to lighten it up, bolted my handle to my scoop. Both pieces weigh 14 ounces. I have been using it for 3 months know with no issues. It seems to holding up pretty good.

My custom stainless scoop

The dimensions are 8 inches wide by 16 inches deep. 12 pounds of pure digging power. Gets the target out of the ground with the first scoop 98% of the time."

Attachments

• IMAG0408.jpg
    IMAG0408.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 546
  • IMAG0409.jpg
    IMAG0409.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 469
DSC03017.jpg
DSC03018.jpg
DSC03014.jpg
DSC03020.jpg
DSC03019.jpg
DSC03021.jpg

Here is updated pics of the outlet for Joe LOL
Models featured Krepish and Euro excavator II
Both are made by Ruslan aka Stavr , from Russia (Ukraine) with love LOL
Have Krepish for over a year now ,very light especially with that fiberglass handle I finally put on it (made from mutilated rake $10.00)Strong like a tank.
Very easy to dig with that angle on it ,I am able to recover deep targets I previously gave up on before .
The proof is the camera I have taken pictures with got it in 6 scoops ,waterproof, shock proof ,freeze proof etc . Sells for $350.00 nice ticket just got it too
Needed one for some time ,Thank you Neptune.
Euroexcavator with American standard handle opening in knife grade stainless steel ,there are 2 grades available spoon and knife .
That thing is virtually indestructible. Use it for dry as holes are larger .Va beach Max uses his in the rocks not sure of his steel grade .
Both have their place on the beach ,both are very good.
Had RTG stainless before ,that thing killed me on hot humid hunts ...........brrrrrrrrrrrr
Have a scoop made by the friend of mine ,very nice but steel handle broke,otherwise a very nice scoop although nowhere near the Stavrs .
Hope this info helps . Good luck and HH
Oh yea do not feel that the warranty is needed for any of them two babies : ) ;)

Glad forum is back. Anyway. It has had one try, with good results. Ideal for soft sand, small rocks, an mud. I got furious over a few quarters that I just could not get in under 20 attempts. Most of the time it is easy, but sometimes clad is just hard because it it is on its side. Or it moves when you miss once. Anyway. The big one is 10" diameter. Aluminum. The other one is a 7" ss one. Cats are like a year old almost. I asked RTG before I posted. They said its ok. I think they did a great job for a custom request. HH an GL. -Joe

Attachments

• New scoop 11.jpg
    New scoop 11.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 388
  • New scoop 22.jpg
    New scoop 22.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 386
My first scoop is a stealth clone with a wood handle, cheap steel bad welds didn't last. Its now a backup scoop with a better handle.

Second scoop I got it right! Stealth scoop with a hisco fiberglass post hole digger handle, I use the 5 footer. Bright orange and floats. :cool:

4-29-123rs.jpg

Attachments

• july21-5rs.jpg
    july21-5rs.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 344
Back
Top Bottom