Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Cfmct's Avatar
Cfmct Cfmct is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SW Connecticut
Posts: 29,928
Default Golden Morning...

Louct and myself went out for a minus tide hunt early this morning... hunt started off great until the wind started blowing.. the wind made it hard for me to hear the whisper targets its the only thing I don't like about the Dual Field is the noise when its windy... but before the wind ramped up I was able to find 2 more school rings... one from 1945 and 1961... I found 2 magnets one a cylinder and the the square thing next to it... lots of tiny bullets today.. I try to recover everything so I can hear the slightest whispers with my DF... both rings were whisper targets...


Lou found a gold army ring with my GT as his Dual Field is not working correctly... I tried it, I think he has a moisture problem in the coil... Lou is a DFX guy and told me listening to the threshold of the GT was like listening to bee's lol...


Hopefully Lou will post his gold later...
Attached Images
  

__________________
Excalibur1000
Sunspot Scoop 720i Hybrid
Whites MXT All Pro
Banned Spammers 850

Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:02 PM
ChunkyMonkey ChunkyMonkey is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 851
Default

Great hunt. It's amazing how many class rings you find...Just Awesome...

btw...Who is Randy?
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:04 PM
RockStar's Avatar
RockStar RockStar is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dearborn hts,Mi
Posts: 167
Default

Very nice finds.

__________________
([Minelab ETRACWhere's The Gold])

Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Cfmct's Avatar
Cfmct Cfmct is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SW Connecticut
Posts: 29,928
Default

Originally Posted by ChunkyMonkey View post
Great hunt. It's amazing how many class rings you find...Just Awesome...

btw...Who is Randy?
I guess I shouldn't listen to Joe anymore

I wish I could find regular gold rings but I take what my DF finds me... I hunt depressions in the water and wet sand I'm not much of a hunter who gets to the beach and just starts hunting... I like to look the beach over and then head for the area's I think will pay off in gold...

__________________
Excalibur1000
Sunspot Scoop 720i Hybrid
Whites MXT All Pro
Banned Spammers 850

Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:13 PM
PI JOE's Avatar
PI JOE PI JOE is offline
Enigma
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Connecticut Gold Coast
Posts: 9,106
Default

Originally Posted by ChunkyMonkey View post
Great hunt. It's amazing how many class rings you find...Just Awesome...

btw...Who is Randy?
Yeah, Who's Randy! Was that from the same beach or the other new spot!

__________________
FB - Connecticut Beach And Water Hunters http:/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
color="Magenta">White's Dual Field PI

Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:15 PM
IMShooter's Avatar
IMShooter IMShooter is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Iron Mountain, Mi
Posts: 1,665
Default

sweet finds!! I love those rings

__________________
Mineralized soil is my friend.

Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:18 PM
ChunkyMonkey ChunkyMonkey is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 851
Default

Originally Posted by Cfmct-PI View post
I guess I shouldn't listen to Joe anymore

I wish I could find regular gold rings but I take what my DF finds me... I hunt depressions in the water and wet sand I'm not much of a hunter who gets to the beach and just starts hunting... I like to look the beach over and then head for the area's I think will pay off in gold...
Well whatever you do works for you...I am kinda the opposite...I scan the beach ahead of time and when I leave after hunting and watch web cams, I do a lot of research on the hot spots at all the beaches I go to. I focus on recent drops so I study the people and where they go. It's funny how at different beaches where the towel lines are. Some beaches the majority sit high up some real close to water and some 5 - 10 feet from the high tide mark. Is your beach heavily hunted? My local is crazy hunted so I have to move fast. Ya snooze ya loose.
Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Dustyloins's Avatar
Dustyloins Dustyloins is offline
In memory of...
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alamosa, Colorado
Posts: 9,613
Default

Wow, that's a nice assortment of items!! Good going!!

Dusty

__________________
Whites MXT, Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Tesoro Compadre and others-Champagne living on a beer budget-Oldest coin-1623 Spanish 8 Maravedis!!

Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Cfmct's Avatar
Cfmct Cfmct is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SW Connecticut
Posts: 29,928
Default

Originally Posted by ChunkyMonkey View post
Well whatever you do works for you...I am kinda the opposite...I scan the beach ahead of time and when I leave after hunting and watch web cams, I do a lot of research on the hot spots at all the beaches I go to. I focus on recent drops so I study the people and where they go. It's funny how at different beaches where the towel lines are. Some beaches the majority sit high up some real close to water and some 5 - 10 feet from the high tide mark. Is your beach heavily hunted? My local is crazy hunted so I have to move fast. Ya snooze ya loose.

CM.... I'm not after new drops... our Ct beaches are not heavily used like they were in the past... we don't have webcams in CT lol.. our swim season is short.. we are lucky if the water temps hit 70 for a month... mostly they are in the 60's tops... I study beaches through old postcards or newspapers from yesteryear... the beaches I prefer have little if any action these days... but being able to read a beach and using a pulse gives me a great advantage

__________________
Excalibur1000
Sunspot Scoop 720i Hybrid
Whites MXT All Pro
Banned Spammers 850

Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:36 PM
PI JOE's Avatar
PI JOE PI JOE is offline
Enigma
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Connecticut Gold Coast
Posts: 9,106
Default

Originally Posted by Cfmct-PI View post
CM.... I'm not after new drops... our Ct beaches are not heavily used like they were in the past... we don't have webcams in CT lol.. our swim season is short.. we are lucky if the water temps hit 70 for a month... mostly they are in the 60's tops... I study beaches through old postcards or newspapers from yesteryear... the beaches I prefer have little if any action these days... but being able to read a beach and using a pulse gives me a great advantage
C'mon, Is that the new spot or what! One more thing.....who the hell is Randy!

__________________
FB - Connecticut Beach And Water Hunters http:/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
color="Magenta">White's Dual Field PI

Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Cfmct's Avatar
Cfmct Cfmct is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SW Connecticut
Posts: 29,928
Default

Originally Posted by PI JOE View post
C'mon, Is that the new spot or what! One more thing.....who the hell is Randy!
Only Randy I know is Beerdoodle

Another new spot...

__________________
Excalibur1000
Sunspot Scoop 720i Hybrid
Whites MXT All Pro
Banned Spammers 850

Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:42 PM
DIG's Avatar
DIG DIG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Central Florida
Posts: 276
Default

You must have bionic ears my friend ...those targets are deep and old. Goodonya!
Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Epydemic Epydemic is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 328
Default

Congrats, on another great hunt.
Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 03-22-2011, 03:11 PM
boxing63's Avatar
boxing63 boxing63 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pirate CT
Posts: 2,734
Thumbs up

WTG Craig very nice finds
Reply With Quote


  #15  
Old 03-22-2011, 03:38 PM
snf101480's Avatar
snf101480 snf101480 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,505
Default

Awesome job Craig! Gold is gold whether they come in the form of class rings or anything else, as long as it's gold it's good to me! I've been doing some serious thinking since last night about the DF. I'm going to give it another try before deciding if we're getting a divorce lol.

__________________
ACE 250 & Excal II

Reply With Quote


  #16  
Old 03-22-2011, 03:41 PM
ChunkyMonkey ChunkyMonkey is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 851
Default

Originally Posted by snf101480 View post
Awesome job Craig! Gold is gold whether they come in the form of class rings or anything else, as long as it's gold it's good to me! I've been doing some serious thinking since last night about the DF. I'm going to give it another try before deciding if we're getting a divorce lol.
....*gasp...a divorce...You 2 should at least go to counseling. I'd hate to see you ruin a relationship because all she brings home is trash.
Reply With Quote


  #17  
Old 03-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Cfmct's Avatar
Cfmct Cfmct is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SW Connecticut
Posts: 29,928
Default

Originally Posted by snf101480 View post
Awesome job Craig! Gold is gold whether they come in the form of class rings or anything else, as long as it's gold it's good to me! I've been doing some serious thinking since last night about the DF. I'm going to give it another try before deciding if we're getting a divorce lol.


After this weekend of cold and snow come down and let me to try repair your marriage ok?

__________________
Excalibur1000
Sunspot Scoop 720i Hybrid
Whites MXT All Pro
Banned Spammers 850

Reply With Quote


  #18  
Old 03-22-2011, 04:17 PM
PI JOE's Avatar
PI JOE PI JOE is offline
Enigma
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Connecticut Gold Coast
Posts: 9,106
Default

Originally Posted by ChunkyMonkey View post
....*gasp...a divorce...You 2 should at least go to counseling. I'd hate to see you ruin a relationship because all she brings home is trash.

__________________
FB - Connecticut Beach And Water Hunters http:/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
color="Magenta">White's Dual Field PI

Reply With Quote


  #19  
Old 03-22-2011, 04:29 PM
RIdetector's Avatar
RIdetector RIdetector is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 3,844
Default

Nice finds!!!!!!!

__________________
2015 Lg coppers(3),2014 Lg Coppers (35 1/2),2013(31) Lg Coppers . Best find 2012.1875 S Twenty cent piece.2014 top digs 1,Fugio copper,2 CT coppers.

Reply With Quote


  #20  
Old 03-22-2011, 05:13 PM
zeemang zeemang is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: South of there
Posts: 19,358
Default

Sweet, you seem to bring home the rings very regularly....WTG!
ps, good research hints there....

__________________
E trac and an equinox 800 woowhoo!
Living the American dream, just a bit further south...

Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Golden Morning aussiedigger Beach and Water Hunting 20 04-23-2013 08:30 PM
Golden morning aussiedigger Beach and Water Hunting 18 03-17-2013 03:06 PM
Yet another golden morning! chicagoron Beach and Water Hunting 13 02-24-2012 04:21 PM
What a golden morning canadianguy Beach and Water Hunting 14 01-09-2012 05:47 PM
A golden morning steve in so la Stories and Pictures of Finds 13 06-19-2007 08:20 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.