Water Shoes?

Banemorth

Elite Member
This might seem like a silly question but every time I've ever went to the beach, be it lakes or the ocean, I've always done it barefoot. Do you guys out there detecting wear any kind of water shoes or do you just hoof it too? If you do wear shoes what kind do you get?

On the beach and in the water i use an older pair of sneakers. I've seen to many rusty old sharp things to go barefoot....

I wear Tevas to protect the soles of my feet. They get soft after being in the water for a couple hours

This might seem like a silly question but every time I've ever went to the beach, be it lakes or the ocean, I've always done it barefoot. Do you guys out there detecting wear any kind of water shoes or do you just hoof it too? If you do wear shoes what kind do you get?

I bought a pair of $10 cheapies from the Beach Mart store. They work ok but I will probably get some better ones later. Around here, in the river there are clam shells, roots, broken glass and blue crabs so water shoes are a must. Cabelas has some nice ones, a bit costly though.

Mark

I picked up a pair of Speedo Water Shoes at my local Target. It's a seasonal item of course and it was mid summer on clearance for $9.99 regularly $19.99. My only 2 complaints on these is they are low cut and I always wind up with a lump of sand under my feet. The bottoms of the shoes remove, I guess for easy cleaning, however they bunch up while wearing them.

I like that photo of those boots from Amazon, although pricey. I already spent my money on these so I will use them up till they are no good then buy something else next time around.

You always want to have something on your feet though.

Thanks I think I'll go with those boots on Amazon. They seems like they'll withstand the test of time!

I wear crocs. Get sand inside, just shake foot side to side and continue. I also like a little toe protection. Cant even remember how many times I have stubbed my toe. Damn I hate that dance :D

I wear knee high irrigation boots , got'em at walmart they work great! but im looking for a lower mid top boot like that guy has on the kellyco website in one of the banners, anyone know where to get those?

My wife bought me a pair of water shoes and I truly enjoy wearing them while detecting on the beach. You can get them at Academy Sports or Wal-mart for around $12.00 to $15.00. The soles are thick enough to protect your feet from anything sharp and also make it easier when shoving down on the scoop. I can post a pic. if needed.

My wife bought me a pair of water shoes and I truly enjoy wearing them while detecting on the beach. You can get them at Academy Sports or Wal-mart for around $12.00 to $15.00. The soles are thick enough to protect your feet from anything sharp and also make it easier when shoving down on the scoop. I can post a pic. if needed.

Yes, please do post a photo. I'm looking for something a bit better than what I have, if I can get them at Walmart that's even better!

I am with Sean on the Crocs for wet sand and surf. Sandals for the dry.

Back
Top Bottom