Propointer or Bullseye II

Sunray Probe is the way to go!

I got the Bullseye...it's pretty good. I've never used the pro.

ProPointer by Garrett is so good, just I bought another one, so I can quit borrowing it from my husband!:cool:

Pro pointer will give you more depth and hold up real well to rough treatment .
I have used mine for a year now and works great , can usually detect target before digging unless its over 4 inches deep .

Harold

If you get a Bullseye make sure that you set the sensitivity to the highest level you can set it without it going off consistantly. I tried to use mine for almost a week before I realized that it was set to min.

I could see the coin before it would sound off:lol2: Now that I've set it correctly it works great :gettinmoney:

the switch wore out quickly on my bulls eye II. Did not make it a full year and had to replace the switch. Also wasnt real pleased with the depth I got with the bulls eye II either. I also had to do some work on the contacts for the battery. every time I replaced the battery the contact would push back into the pinpointer and not make contact.

I have the Bullseye II and really regret buying it. The sensitivity button is just off. It will sometimes through a false signal when I am brushing the soil a little rough. I then have to turn the sensitivity level down. I found the coin twice by eye instead of the dang pointer. So much over digging due to this machine. Now I always double back and forth with my Tesoro UMAX to check. What a waste this pointer can be. I haven't used any other PP so I cannot compare but I will definitely think about the Garret ProPointer or Vibra Probe. People also like the Pistol Probe.

I admit maybe I am rough on it but the ground is frozen here

I have a bullseye 2 that came with my MXT. I really did not care for it and have lost it somewhere in my house. I just ordered a propointer today and shoul have it by next tuesday. I am going to try to find the bullseye this weekend so i can do compairison detween the two.

I have the propointer and I'm fairly happy with it. Does anyone else notice if you push in the ground just a little it goes off. The ground has been pretty wet since I used it, maybe it wont do it in drier soil?

I have the propointer and I'm fairly happy with it. Does anyone else notice if you push in the ground just a little it goes off. The ground has been pretty wet since I used it, maybe it wont do it in drier soil?

yes, exactly what I mentioned before

pinpointer

Anyone know how to improve the bullseye pinpointer? on small stuff you can find it faster by eye. Instructions please. Thanks Bob

Anyone know how to improve the bullseye pinpointer? on small stuff you can find it faster by eye. Instructions please. Thanks Bob

Not the greatest answer for you but I will at least reply... I unscrewed mine and blew out the dirt. I also read that people have used liquid electrical tape? I bought the stuff at Home Depot in the Electrical isle, but have not used it yet. When I used the liq elect tape for something else, it worked very nicely. Not goopy and you can just just layers of thickness to your liking. It will help act as a buffer and keep it from cracking, etc. Good luck

I got the propointer yesrerday and it is more sensitive then the bullseye 2 and i like the design of it.
Only one neg for me : there is no sound adjustment, (its loud).
I will keep it but wont be using it when there are plp around becuse it will draw too much attention.
I rate it 8 out of 10, ( if i could lower the volume it would be a perfet 10).

Back
Top Bottom