My Detector Will Be Silent On Monday

SageGrouse

Elite Member
as my Beloved and I make a trip to the Santa Fe Veterans's Cemetery.
I will not be hunting treasure, as I will instead be treasuring the memory of those who went before me. Those who gave their lives in service to our great country.
For those who gave their lives, for those who went missing and were never found, for those whose names are engraved in stone... on so many many headstones, plaques, black granite walls, memorials, and for those whose names are known only to God.
To you, the dead, we give honor and thanks. to you the living, who are in uniform, we also give thanks. We may squabble among ourselves, we may fight and complain, but we have these freedoms because you are in uniform, defending and protecting us.
May the Divine, however you conceive of it, whether mighty deity or creative spark within you, watch over you, keep you in safety and respect.
May you all have a meaningful Memorial Day.

As an Old Retired U S Navy Submarine Sailor nearly a day does not pass that I think about the 52 Submarines and nearly 3500 men where were lost during WW-II. When the Japanese nearly destroyed the surface fleet those men took the war to Japan. I was also privileged to serve with some of those Men. Those WW-II submariners are and forever will be my Hero's.

Back
Top Bottom