milestone coin my 1000th

Bounder

Yesterday I went to the campground and dug up 25 coins with an unusual ratio for me. I got 13 pennies , 5 quarters , 6 dimes, and 1 nickel. One of the quarters was coin #1000 for my total from last year and this. I have a total of 20 wheats and the rest are all clads. I have yet to find a single silver coin or gold of any sort. I did find a nice silver ring last summer but no gold. I also got checked for a permit by the preserve gendarme. Nice enough guy once he found I had a valid permit.

While I am ok with the quantity of coins, I would like to find some really old ones. Presently the oldest coin I have found is a 1917 penny. The parks I have been hunting are not all that old. The old school I went to was bought at auction by a private party and it is off limits. The biggest part of the playground has been paved over anyway. The school had been built in the 1860s and was torn down and replaced in 1959. The old gym still stands but detecting there is off limits.

Thanx for all the positive replies. I'm having some back issues which limit my time in the field but I still go quite a bit, hopefully before the mosquitoes hatch out.

There is a recreation complex about 4 or so miles from my house. I was hesitant to go detect it since it is fairly new. Less than 15 years. I have found two silver dimes, one silver quarter, two sterling rings and one 10k ring. I was shocked to find the silver coins. I have taken a lot of clad out of that park and can usually find about 5 dollars in clad most times that I visit it.

Great job on your 1,000th coin! Congratulations! Like you, I'm still looking forward to my first silver coin, but you're way ahead of me on the wheats! (I think I need to try for some better locations.) Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Congrats on #1,000!
I'm a beach hunter and decided to collate my coins since 2014 and have about 10,000. Total value about $781...going toward a Nox 800 with 15" coil and waterproof headphones.

My coins only add up to $55.48. One of the preserves I detect in was established in 1930 so I'm surprised at the total lack of silvers.

Back
Top Bottom