My book just came out!

Jodo_Kast501

This is not technically related to metal detecting, but it is related to the general historical interest that for many of us lays behind the hobby. I'm a history professor by trade and I've spent the last few years reworking my doctoral research into a book and it's now been published! Very proud of the final product and very glad that it's done. More time for detecting (until the next book)!

imaQU3Yh.jpg

Congratulatins to you sir!
It is passionate folks like you who help the rest of us understand what once took place in the world.

Writing a book is no easy task, about 16 years ago when I lost 180lbs in 7 months I was going to write a small book on how I did it, got the cover, outline, and a few pages done, then life got busy :lol:

WOW! My partner, who also taught history and English, wrote her thesis on medieval Christianity. She is VERY interested in early church history so I will purchase this from amazon (if it's there) for her. THANK YOU!
Sage(Pie Iesu Domine. Dona Eis Requiem. *WHACK!*)Grouse
EDIT: Just looked... far FAR too pricy for me just now, but I'll keep an eye on it and on my finances.
Here, for y'all who would like to see more about the book, is the precis from Amazon:

Priests were ubiquitous figures in the Anglo-Saxon world: they acted as educators, agents of royal authority, scribes, and dealers in real estate. But what set priests apart from the society in which they lived was the authority to provide pastoral care and their ability to use the written word. Early medieval bishops saw books as indispensable to a priest's duties and episcopal legislation frequently provided lists of books that priests were to have: tools of the trade for the secular clergy. These books are not only an exceedingly valuable window into pastoral care, but also a barometer for the changes taking place in the English church of the tenth and eleventh centuries.
This first full-length study of Anglo-Saxon priests' books examines a wide array of evidence, including booklists, music, liturgy, narrative, and, crucially, the surviving manuscripts.

WOW! My partner, who also taught history and English, wrote her thesis on medieval Christianity. She is VERY interested in early church history so I will purchase this from amazon (if it's there) for her. THANK YOU!
Sage(Pie Iesu Domine. Dona Eis Requiem. *WHACK!*)Grouse
EDIT: Just looked... far FAR too pricy for me just now, but I'll keep an eye on it and on my finances.

Thanks! And yes ... academic books tend to be pretty pricey. However, if you partner is interested, I can get and sell them cheaper. $55 is about my cost.

An amazing achievement Gerald. Congrats on the success of completing a monumental task. An accomplishment that should make you very proud. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom