What kind of boots do you use

Briman05

Elite Member
I have some stocking foot waders from ll bean and I want to get some new boots to use in the winter time. Wading boots are nice but the holes for draining let sand in and then the boot is filled with sand and water? I would like to stay under 50. I have seen some simms wading boots and orvis wading boots on ebay for under 50 but I'm guessing they are knock offs.

Heck I wear boot foot waders in the summer...just get the ones with a little thinsulation, I got some redhead boot foots my first try, they were 1000 thinsulation...felt like Frankenstein. Gave those away and got some 200 thinsulation..much better... My next I will get no thinsulation and just get a bigger size boot so I can wear xtra soxs, much lighter.

mine are Hodgeman and cost 99 ...

The very best way to keep the sand out if your hunting in the water is boot foot waders...nothing else comes close except a drysuit with boots installed.

Attachments

• pic265930[1].jpg
    pic265930[1].jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 676
Last edited:
I use these heavy duty boots! ;)

Attachments

• crocs238402_89359_jb.jpg
    crocs238402_89359_jb.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 558
Flats Boots from Bass Pro Shops...$29.99. Stretch Velcro "Pants Keepers" to wrap around the top keep out 98% of the sand from coming in through the tops above the ankles...$6.99 at BPS too. Good thick soles and sides on the Flats Boots..Comfortable too.

I know you said you don't like wader boots cause of the drain holes, but I was using cressi reef shoes until I got stung by sting ray's 2wice in 6 months threw them on each foot , so I found these waders boots called Everlast ray guards. Everlast is out of Texas This week I hit a sting ray with them on but I don't think it tried to sting me, but I have peace of mind unless one gets me above the ankle. They have the drain holes but have 4 ply rubber on the boots, up to your ankles instead of the neoprene. my recommend for use in southern waters.

I have Cabela's wading boots for Steelhead fishing. They have drain holes, but I never have problems with sand getting in. Now I don't primarily fish in sandy areas, but do encounter them and never have had a problem with sand in my boots. It is important to use gravel guards though to keep the sand and gravel from getting in the top of the boot. My waders have built in gravel guards. The Cabela's boots are about $70 I think, but that's pretty affordable for wading boots. Mine have lasted 4 seasons so far. Have a few cracks in the exterior synthetic leather and the laces have lost their outter covers, but as a whole they're still holding up well enough.

I like my zip up over ankle high dive boots, i coated the soft parts with epoxy for more stingray resistance, seems to work well. I've been nailed twice by rays, and felt them JUST miss me too many times to not worry about it. I also hunt the gulf...

I live in New Jersey and I don't think we get tht many rays up here. I have looked at foreverlast boots but I'm not sure if they would be warm enough to work in water that is around 30-40 degrees. I would only be using them in the fall winter and early spring when the water is still to cold to get splashed with without waders

Hey Briman,
I use Simms wadding boots for fishermen summer and most of the winter. They have hard soles and the SS scoop don't hurt them. I always wear a pair of thick cotton sock to keep the sand out and it works well. On the cold days wen I don't want to get my feet wet but want to detect in the edge of the surf I wear rubber boots from Walmart.

I use these, very heavy duty wader boots. Around $60-$70 but totally worth it. I bought 2 pairs and the first pair are still going strong with about a year and a half of use.

I also have a pair of the bass pro shop ones, they are decent, but I wanted something more heavy duty.

http://www.amazon.com/Oceanic-6-5mm-Classic-Heavy-Boots/dp/B002W52CNY

Attachments

• 51y+8Qr8y9L.jpg
    51y+8Qr8y9L.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 501
Back
Top Bottom