Incredible one dollar coin mega spill

Procali

Elite Member
Just got back from the beach and all I can say is WOW, I had an epic beach hunt with my good friend Mr. Sovereign GT, I tought it was gona be a not so good hunt since a lot of sand was moved from the top of the beach, to my surprise my first target was a ss ring, mmmmm i like it, so i started to look for a coin line in a shell line and get into a good one dif. Asortment of clad, kept moving south and just as i was about to turn back get a solid hit and dug my second 1 dollar coin of the day, then another, and another and the frenzie never stoped, i was the one that stoped, I left them bitting, o well my arms where toast after 2 hours of solid digging with the stealth 720i, i could not belive it 90% of the targets where dollar coins, the rest quarters, dimes and some mexican 10 peso coins, also pulled a nice little sterling with an ambar rock.
Even though the gold did not show up today I consider it my best hunt to date.
Ended the hunt with 53 one dollar coins and mixed clad, some of those coins have a beautifull rainbow patina.

Happy hunting.

6c5b11ff15df6e15e4afb25b012f8dc1_zpsbbf15076.jpg

64c4147541f0b086f897e5c879edf681_zpsaa363bd9.jpg

32a5abc9584da14d72eb10367fdeb0f8_zps8bbb27d3.jpg

90a03086c56feb6186b7b7466e8cb75b_zps1589dbda.jpg

0193af6ff5bd03543fc994d63115da68_zps45e2928c.jpg

8b78f0300796c9accb04d9fd9db4f7f4_zpsf93fe280.jpg

Great hunt! I use a detecting buddy with my gt for hunts like that!

My beach is moving to the meters with the iPhone app that pays by credit card.....might be a slow summer:(

outstanding hunt ! great job on all those $1 coins....Im curious to know why so many in one location. Either way it was a great day for you.....HH

Someone must have tossed their whole collection in. What a hunt ! Congrats to ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, u left some of them there!?!?!?!?!?!? I wouldn't have left until I got every last signal!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Wait, u left some of them there!?!?!?!?!?!? I wouldn't have left until I got every last signal!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Maybe tomorow ill do clean-up if conditions prevail, by sunday some masive swell will hit the coast 10+ footers an hopefully it will wreak havoc on the shoreline and cause some serious erosion, so who cares about the holes, right?

Very Cool hunt but

fill the holes because if we were there we would fill them and be quite upset,

I did it for you this time...Lesson Learned?

Attachments

• 0193af6ff5bd03543fc994d63115da68_zps45e2928c.jpg
    0193af6ff5bd03543fc994d63115da68_zps45e2928c.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,070
Congrats on probably the best or at least the most exciting and coolest finds i have seen on this forum .

I wouldn't think that there were that many dollar coins in circulation, let alone dropped on a beach. We will probably never find out, but there has to be one heck of a story explaining why they were there. Great recovery.

They are probably from the ferry system? That's how most of my $ coins get scattered around. The Wa. ferry system handles truck loads of dollar coins. (not sure where u r?) If you buy a cup of coffee from the machine and do the math right, punch in the right combo of Creamer, shots etc and put in $5, you get back $3 even in coinage. "Plunk! Plunk! Plunk!" :yes:
Here's a link for ya http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20000426&slug=4017500

Thanks for all your coments, well the funny thing is that its not even on the USA, its on the mexican side, in the open Pacific ocean, so I guess we can throw out the ferry theory, but there are some high end condos in the general spill area owned mostly by american citizens, who knows how they got there and how many more are still there, the concentrations were very well defined in clusters, but still the clusters were spread out say in a more than 100 yard coin line. i'll give it another spin today and post my results latter. Good luck.

Good Job Procali.....I have to confess, I did just like you. Started out in 2007, did not fill my holes right away, and this was during the winter so I figured no one would care...did a video of digging and not filling..Ouch did I catch Hell....So I learned just like you....

Back
Top Bottom