Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 08-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Elite Member

Talking

I bet you were pulled off to the side & told NOT to show up a 3rd time

I wonder what would have happened if you shouted BOOM BABY!

Old 08-20-2013, 09:06 AM

Well, I may be the minority, but I say thank you, sir, for taking those to the police station to verify they were just dummy bombs. I've got little ones and a family and if my neighbor brought something home like that i'd sure be nervous.

Did they give you some official state forms to keep with the bombs that say they were inspected and verified as dummy bombs?

Can you imagine the fun you'd have at your next bbq? you could have the crowd gather around you in the yard to show off your latest/greatest find, and as you pull one out of your back pack, fumble with it and 'accidentaly' drop it in the grass yard. Boy the looks on their faces may be priceless. Imagine many of them running and ducking for cover. Maybe you could get it on video and submit it to AFV to help pay for the MD hobby. lol

Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Freshwater Shark

Originally Posted by OwassoRon View post
Well, I may be the minority, but I say thank you, sir, for taking those to the police station to verify they were just dummy bombs. I've got little ones and a family and if my neighbor brought something home like that i'd sure be nervous.

Did they give you some official state forms to keep with the bombs that say they were inspected and verified as dummy bombs?

Can you imagine the fun you'd have at your next bbq? you could have the crowd gather around you in the yard to show off your latest/greatest find, and as you pull one out of your back pack, fumble with it and 'accidentaly' drop it in the grass yard. Boy the looks on their faces may be priceless. Imagine many of them running and ducking for cover. Maybe you could get it on video and submit it to AFV to help pay for the MD hobby. lol
They did NOT give me a letter last year. THAT is what I was looking for when I went to talk to them. I will have one tomorrow from the State Police.

LOL I have seen a lot of funny comments on the news and on here. Lets see what I can come up with next!!!