21 hours in the water = gold!

Cool ring! sorry you've been "snake bit".

🤔

👀

:laughing:

:cool3:

R5

Great finds there. Congrats! Always good to find a honey hole. Glad to hear that the Equinox is going strong.

Nice job putting in the time, best get back out there before the swarms descend on that spot :laughing::D

Josh - Another thing I like to do when I want to be sure is a specific gravity test. It works well on non-stone rings such as that. A little cup, water and that scale you got is all you need. There are apps out there for your phone that simplify the calculations. I use a free one called "Gold Test".

Josh - Another thing I like to do when I want to be sure is a specific gravity test. It works well on non-stone rings such as that. A little cup, water and that scale you got is all you need. There are apps out there for your phone that simplify the calculations. I use a free one called "Gold Test".

Thanks for the info Felix! Just performed the specific gravity test... the density of the ring came out to 6, far short from the 11-19 range that gold is supposed to be in.

This will definitely be useful for future misc finds!

Thanks for the info Felix! Just performed the specific gravity test... the density of the ring came out to 6, far short from the 11-19 range that gold is supposed to be in.

This will definitely be useful for future misc finds!

Rings with stones complicate results. I have also tried it with chains. It's just difficult keeping the chain on the thread and within the correct confines of the water.

Attachments

• Mayhem Guy.jpg
    Mayhem Guy.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom