Tesoro Clean sweep

DINOSAUR1

Anyone have experience with the clean sweep coil by tesoro. I am thinking of getting one. Before I buy one I would like to here from people who have used one. Thanks

It is an excellent coil for covering a large area. If there are any drawbacks, it would be the weight the coil adds leaving the detector a bit unbalanced (but not badly) and the depth is limited to about 4-5".

But if you're looking for drops on athletic fields and the like, there's nothing better and it pinpoints very well.

Just make sure you get the newest version, it's lighter. 1.3lbs - 1.8lbs I believe that's correct. That's a big difference at the end of a stick that you'll be swinging all day.

beephead

My CleanSweep paid for my Etrac. I have had many detectors and coils and the CleanSweep is my favorite. Unfortunately it sprung a leak and is in the shop right now. I use it on 90% of hunts. What machine are you considering adding it to?

I loved my Cleansweep coil. It was a monster at the beach... I'll definitely be getting another as soon as I get my Cibola back...

I just got to get one.:coolman:

Any suggestions on where I can get a good price on one would be most appreciated?

beephead

I have an older one on my Vaquero.Took the scuff plate off and replaced it with a thin piece of sign plastic... 4 to 5 inches, yep on small rings loud and clear up to six. Dimes at five inches.. Only draw back is tall grass, you can put your shoulder out trying to drag through that stuff..Best coil there is for tot lots...Really don't work very well in Central OHIO....................

I have one on my Cibola and love it for the beach or to scan an area really quick for surface finds. Like whats already been said:

Cons:
not good in tall grass or brush
does not go as deep as the stock coil(around 5-6 inches max)
slightly heavier

Pros:
easy to pinpoint
uniform depth coverage unlike concentric
covers lots of ground so less chance of missing something

The last two pros were the primary reason I bought mine. I nearly doubled my finds at most locations once I started hunting with it. I usually hunt with it first then go back over the same area with my stock coil for the deeper stuff. Its definitely appropriately named because I have went behind some other name brand detectors and swept the area clean and cleaned up what they missed primarily just because you do not have to overlap your sweeps like you would with a concentric coil. I bought mine at metaldetector.com and they were super quick and friendly. But I think our main sponsor kellyco has the same price and is just as good. They just didnt have any in stock when I ordered mine.

I love mine at the beach! There is no better coil for area coverage. I don't agree that it pinpoints as well as the stock concentric coil. In the deeper stuff, the pinpointing is not as accurate, for me anyway. I am also positive that I get better depth than the 5-6" reported here. I saw no difference in depth ability when compared to the stock coil.

Hey guys. Just saw this thread and thought I should mention that the clean sweep is temporarily out of production due to manufacturing issues. Sorry!

I love mine at the beach! There is no better coil for area coverage. I don't agree that it pinpoints as well as the stock concentric coil. In the deeper stuff, the pinpointing is not as accurate, for me anyway. I am also positive that I get better depth than the 5-6" reported here. I saw no difference in depth ability when compared to the stock coil.

I don't think the claim that Tesoro makes about the depth being uniform from toe to heel is accurate. Targets at maximum depth range do detect deeper in the center of the coil. Also items right on the edge of being discriminated out will break up closer to the toe or heel. If you are pinpointing with the toe or heel and comparing from 90 degrees, junk will pinpoint off a few inches.

Hey guys. Just saw this thread and thought I should mention that the clean sweep is temporarily out of production due to manufacturing issues. Sorry!

It is still in production for the uMax models. The H.O.T. models have some sort of connection issue.

Tesoro shipped my repair Tuesday, so I ought to get it today or tomorrow. They didn't call me so I am guessing they just gave me a newer, lighter CSC and tuned it to my Silver uMax. C'mon dry lake this weekend and 111 degrees!

I can PP my stock Concentric coil better than the CSC.
Have to agree with Felix, those X on the spot nice PPing.

After my retuning, seems I get better depth than before.
Might come back a different animal Diggler... be careful.

I don't think the claim that Tesoro makes about the depth being uniform from toe to heel is accurate. Targets at maximum depth range do detect deeper in the center of the coil. Also items right on the edge of being discriminated out will break up closer to the toe or heel. If you are pinpointing with the toe or heel and comparing from 90 degrees, junk will pinpoint off a few inches.

I have never read any of the Tesoro claims but I agree with you on the maximum depth being towards the center of the coil. I don't think I give up any depth over the stock coil but I do believe I give up some accurate pinpointing on the deeper threshold targets.

I read somewhere, that it's just the 4 pin CleanSweeps that production has been stopped on, not the 5 pin CleanSweeps.

I don't know if that's true or not.

I really want to tryout a 5 pin CleanSweep with my Golden uMax and Bandido II uMax.

Any news updates?

beephead

I got my replacement uMax CSC back from Tesoro a few days and found 2 more rings today so... I guess it is working fine! :cool:

absolutely my favorite coil for finding recent finds,,,, covers ground like a mother hen

Back
Top Bottom