My new Biggest Gold Ring and 4ct stone - UPDATE!

MTJosh

Elite Member
Went out Tuesday morning for low tide. Still pretty dismal conditions but gridding the beach better than sitting at home before starting work. Lower slope pretty firm. Few targets and had to search to find any hint of a tiny pockets. First 2 targets fish wts deep (15-18+") darn PI gets deep targets. 3rd target out pops 2.8g silver ring so already a good day. Spend next hour digging trash (knife and razor blade were dangerous items today) and fish wts. Few coins. Then back into another fish wt pocket. next target just start scooping thinking deep fish wt. Scan hole and it is in sand pile. Look over to see glint of gold. reach down and pick up big gold. 9.7g. Tried to read mark but think it is worn out old makers mark. 18K acid holds forever. 22k acid take a long time (5+ min) to start pulling anything off. so high karat old gold probably.
Now to the stone. It is 10mm diameter. This measures to 4 carat. At the beach it was a blue stone. Back home under light it is red/pink/violet like in photo. In garage lights more a light gray. diamond tester was off the chart so know it is a real stone. Researched and pretty positive it is a "color changing" sapphire. Could be a valuable stone. Will have this one checked out. we walk around with it watching the colors change. Looks good the naked eye. But inclusions with a loupe. This is good in a way since then it more likely a natural stone and more valuable than lab created stone
This is my largest gold ring ever. Very happy with this find

Attachments

• sapphire gold ring.jpg
    sapphire gold ring.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,057
:dingding::dingding:Holy mackerel! You get 2 dingers for that one! Please keep us updated on stone type and value. Looks like its from Art Nouveu - Deco Period to me 1900's-30's. That may be VERY valuable.

That would be my favorite had I found that too! WOW!!!! AMAZING RING!! Can't wait to hear what you find out on the stone. Keep us posted!

Really makes up for those gold less days digging in rocks big time brother :yes:
Like the cut of the stone interested in hearing what an expert has to say about it :yes:

If its a natural Alexandrite you hit the jackpot, very rare specially that size, more expensive than a flawless diamond that size, hope its real, congrats on a great find.

Awesome find! Looks like alexandrite to me also. Very valuable stone if the colors it changes are nice (a lot turn an ugly brown in mixed light)

YES! Russian Alexandrite is INCREDIBLY expensive and yes, worth more than a flawless diamond in that size. SERIOUSLY.

Natural alexandrite is green in direct sunlight and red or purple in artificial light. You have there a ring that is worth an unimaginable sum! The fact that it has inclusions proves that it is a natural and not lab-grown stone. Get that thing appraised and INSURED! My guess is that it is Russian in manufacture since most old Alexandrites (named after the Czar) are from there.

You, my friend, have hit the once-in-a-century find.

sageGrouse
Oh... and alexandrite IS my birthstone.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet lookin ring there Josh! Neat design, Does it fit? Your on a roll man, keep it up!

Just when you think that the finds on this forum could not get any better...I mean, Rolex watch, 24k 30g gold chain, and now this! What an amazing and beautiful ring- congrats!!! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom