Seated before the snow PICS ADDED!

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, was able to get out with a friend to a local park for a couple hours hunting. I havent had time to clean up the rest of the finds yet, will do so after my shift at work and after I clean this mess in my driveway :roll: but I did capture some pics of my best find of the day, in really good shape minus a little gray crust that wont come off.... 1875 Philadelphia minted seated dime :cool: only my second or third seated this year, silver #60 overall. I'm a little over half of last years silver count, which was 108 I believe, but its been a busy year and I just haven't been able to hunt nearly as much as I did last year. Now with a good 4-6" on the ground... Might be a little while til I can get some hunting in. But I found some awesome bucket listers this year which I will feature in a wrap up of the year type thread probably in early January. So until next time, thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• 1115181155~2.jpg
    1115181155~2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 483
  • 1115181156~2.jpg
    1115181156~2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 493
  • 1115181736~2.jpg
    1115181736~2.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 482
  • 1115181736a~2.jpg
    1115181736a~2.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 493
  • 1116181735~2.jpg
    1116181735~2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 399
  • 1116181735a~2.jpg
    1116181735a~2.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 388
  • 1116181741~2.jpg
    1116181741~2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 385
  • 1116181742~2.jpg
    1116181742~2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
Congrats on sniffing out a late season seated! Hopefully you can get a couple more hunts in before the year is over.

That’s nearing the end in a good way Cellr! Finding Seated around here is enormously difficult,I’ve only found 6 or 7 EVER. It’s all in where you look,you must have some OLD parks! We do too but they only get me back so far....fairgrounds have been good though,always something to be found in there!:grin:
Congrats on a nice one buddy,hard hunting DOES pay off!

Awesome! We are suppose to get snow and cold today too! Just in time for the weekend of course. Nice job man!

What ? Only a seated ? Not a bust, colonial copper, or LC ? Sheesk, we're bored :shrug:

As for the upcoming snow: Look at the bright side: No need to dream up whimsical fancy stories of LC's till next spring. Now you can simply write-off the lack of LC's to "snow". :sissyfight:

Heck ya! You always find those nice seated coins with great detail! Congrats on another for the collection!!

Great looking dime and if the snow keeps you from digging, it was a wonderful way to wrap up the year

Congrats on sniffing out a late season seated! Hopefully you can get a couple more hunts in before the year is over.
Thank you! Still got a few inches left on the ground...so as of right now, its reflection and cleaning finds time! HH!
Congrats Cellar!!! Beautiful coin!!!!
Thanks!
Nice I got a wiped Kg or drape bust?
Large coppers are always nice, congrats!
Man you are Killing it on the oldies CD

big congrats and Sorry about the Snow
Thanks! 'tis the season :yes: HH!
That’s nearing the end in a good way Cellr! Finding Seated around here is enormously difficult,I’ve only found 6 or 7 EVER. It’s all in where you look,you must have some OLD parks! We do too but they only get me back so far....fairgrounds have been good though,always something to be found in there!:grin:
Congrats on a nice one buddy,hard hunting DOES pay off!
Thanks man! Most of the parks in my area opened in the late 1800's but a couple go back even further. Appreciate the comment bud!
Awesome! We are suppose to get snow and cold today too! Just in time for the weekend of course. Nice job man!
Thanks Tom! Stay warm! If you get back out good luck!
Looks like you got that beauty out of the ground just in time . Great job
Thanks yooper!
Finding those type of silvers are extra special...congrats! And it looks in really fine condition too.
Thanks Jak, it is in very good condition somehow... Was dropped very early in its life. Good luck out there!
That’s a very nice coin Jeff! Congrats!
Thanks man! :cool:
Sweet Seated Dime...congrats Jeff on the excellent dig!
Appreciate it Bruce! Hope that storm moved some sand out for you guys!
Congrats on the seated and getting a last dig in before the snow. It's in awesome shape.
Thank you Jason! Some staining won't come off but its got lots of detail left. Good luck out there!
Great find and in top condition too. How much snow did you get up your way?
Thanks! We got anywhere from 6-8" but I'd say half of it melted this morning. Below freezing tonight so its all gonna freeze up. Hope you got off easy down there!
Congrats on the seated! :woot: Very cool! :hi5:
Thank you!
What ? Only a seated ? Not a bust, colonial copper, or LC ? Sheesk, we're bored :shrug:

As for the upcoming snow: Look at the bright side: No need to dream up whimsical fancy stories of LC's till next spring. Now you can simply write-off the lack of LC's to "snow". :sissyfight:
Haha its hunting season, so playing in the woods right now is like playing Russian roulette, and I look like a grizzly bear too :laughing: I did get a semi large Canadian copper :D
You east coasters are so lucky!
Thanks, yes we are blessed :lol:
Heck ya! You always find those nice seated coins with great detail! Congrats on another for the collection!!
I appreciate the kind words, I do my best! Good luck out there!
excellent hunt! congrats!
jeff
Thanks Jeff!
Great looking dime and if the snow keeps you from digging, it was a wonderful way to wrap up the year

Thank you jbrow, I agree, I would be happy if this year was over now. HH!

Back
Top Bottom