• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

~~My 2011 Results~~ *VERY pic heavy*

Bonesquat

Elite Member
I guess I'll follow suit and show everyone what I found this year. In no way have I organized everything to show exactly what I found but I'll just put pictures up I guess.

I found twice as much silver compared to last year. Putting all of my treasure in a pile sure was fun. The pictures aren't perfect and I was kind of lazy putting this together but here's what I found in 2011. I want to thank everyone for the encouragement and if it weren't for everyone's recommending the E-trac I would have never found this much. I found over 50 pieces of silver in 2011, and 7 pieces of gold or. 5 with the E-trac. Not sure how much clad I found this year. Probably close to $350 or so. Either way I don't see how I'm going to top 2011. I think I can top my gold count but not silver unless I happen to move. It's so so difficult finding silver in Alabama. A good bit of my silver came from Indiana. Shockingly the barber quarter came from TN in red clay. 5 inches down. That's probably my favorite find this year. Either that or the ben half or big gold band. I love them all. :D

I hope to find at least 10 silvers in 2012, 5 gold and 50 wheats.

Attachments

• 1 shield.jpg
    1 shield.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,420
  • 1875 ih front.jpg
    1875 ih front.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,398
  • 1900 ih front.jpg
    1900 ih front.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,414
  • barber quarter005.jpg
    barber quarter005.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,406
  • barber reverse.jpg
    barber reverse.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,398
  • first barber.jpg
    first barber.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,417
  • silvers indiana.jpg
    silvers indiana.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,399
  • walker.jpg
    walker.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 1,394
  • frank all coins.jpg
    frank all coins.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,395
  • 5 silver day.jpg
    5 silver day.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,406
  • buttons 1.jpg
    buttons 1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,404
  • cw button 1.jpg
    cw button 1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,400
  • huge buckle (Large).jpg
    huge buckle (Large).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,391
  • relic 1.jpg
    relic 1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,389
  • Relics 2.jpg
    Relics 2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,384
  • tokens.jpg
    tokens.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,384
  • gold 1.jpg
    gold 1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,397
  • Gold silver 1.jpg
    Gold silver 1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,387
  • gold silver 2.jpg
    gold silver 2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,389
  • silver coins 2011.jpg
    silver coins 2011.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,393
Great pile of finds this year, Bonesquat. Huge congrats to you! I hope I can find half as much gold as you did last year.

Outstanding collection of finds, Bonesquat! Lots of silver, and plenty of gold, too!!! WOW!

Question...in a couple of your pics, you have one round and two square items; each has a circle cut out in the center, except for a narrow "line" of metal through the otherwise-cut-out-circular area. I find those occasionally - the round ones, not the square ones. Anyway, I have been told they are "hem weights" from ladies' dresses, from way back when the women wore those dresses that "fanned out" at the bottom.

Is this what you think those are also?

Steve

Outstanding collection of finds, Bonesquat! Lots of silver, and plenty of gold, too!!! WOW!

Question...in a couple of your pics, you have one round and two square items; each has a circle cut out in the center, except for a narrow "line" of metal through the otherwise-cut-out-circular area. I find those occasionally - the round ones, not the square ones. Anyway, I have been told they are "hem weights" from ladies' dresses, from way back when the women wore those dresses that "fanned out" at the bottom.

Is this what you think those are also?

Steve

The square ones I believe are moreso turn of the century curtain weights or for ladies' dresses. The circular one will date to the civil war and is called a cw coat hem weight. They used them as buttons and as weights. Served a dual purpose. I love finding them. Made of lead. :D

great finds man, I think you will get way more than 10 silver in 2012!!!!

A terriffic Year

Those jewels sitting atop the Silver is a very cool picture. I also like the Paratrooper pin..very cool. I can also see that your digging those low tones, a great bunch of gold..good for you. I think you'll do well this year, but it is harder to dig up Gold than it is Silver, wouldn't you think? You had some great finds and thanks for sharing them out here. Dig on Bone, dig on

Those are some sweet finds! You had a great year. Love all the buttons, silver, gold, relics and more. Congratulations on a great 2011!!!

Doug

Bonesquat -- thanks for the info on those little lead pieces. I have found two or three of them, but I'm doubting mine date to the CW. Our state is too young (OK) -- and while there are a few CW sites here, they are mostly in the east part of the state. I would guess mine can't be any older than turn of the century, given the spots I found them in...

Plus, I have heard somewhere, now that you reminded me, that they could be "curtain weights" also...some of mine have a number on them...

In any case, great job!

Steve

Awesome year you had bro! Hope this year is better!!!

Awesome!

Very nice collection of silver , buttons , and relics. Looks you did very well in 2011. I think you will do even better in 2012. Congrats on great year.

Nice finds. Your soil must be awful looking at the condition of some of that. With your dedication, I'm sure you can do better than 10 silvers this year.

Nice finds. Your soil must be awful looking at the condition of some of that. With your dedication, I'm sure you can do better than 10 silvers this year.

I cannot even begin to describe how horrible the soil is here. I won't even try to. Let's just say I cannot dig targets beyond 5 inches with my E-trac. It's not that I can't dig that deep. There aren't any targets that register beyond that EVER. In good soil my E-trac goes to about a foot on coins...Here I can forget it. Doesn't happen. :(

Back
Top Bottom