Compass Magnum 240 Info

Neo727

Hi guys,

New guy here, I juts found a Compass Magnum 240 and have no idea how to use it and cannot find much info on here.

Any body know where I can find a handbook?

VLF? Very Low FQ?

TR-DISC?

Can anyone tell me about this unit?

Also have Magnum 240

I also have a Magnum 240 Compass detector. I have sent away for the manual, but in the mean time there is something that bothers me about it's behavior.

In all metal mode, after you ground tune it. You get the threshold volume the same when the coil is on the ground, or held in the air.

Switching to discriminate mode, if the coil is in the air and placed on the ground, the needle moves to -50 trash and stays there, and there is no threshold volume. HOWEVER... if you place the coil on the ground, switch to discriminate and even lift the coil a 'smidge' the needle jumps to +50-100 treasure. Even running it along the ground, if the level creates a hollow under the coil it goes off. Is this normal? Are you suppose to run in discriminate all the time? Do you only switch to it when you find a target in all metal mode? THen see if it does not register?

Just confused. (which is why I sent away for the manual).

I had a compass once, One of the later models before the plant burnt down.
I cant recall it acting like that.
You explained it well so you might want to join that compass forum and ask the more compass knowlegable people there.
be sure and stick around here though.
good luck.

Back
Top Bottom