NEL Storm

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member
"Old hunted out park"

Been over this spot countless times, every direction, soaking wet to bone dry.. Been hit by two different ATP, with both coils. Been gone over twice by a CTX..
The CTX was the last thing I've seen pull anything from this spot, still got an old token and a wheat..

This spot is 30ft x 50ft..

This spot has kicked out some mercs, wheats and indians but has been pillaged and picked clean by myself and a couple others that I know of, over the past couple years.. It's also within what's possibly the most hunted park in Toledo..

Decided to try my new Storm there.. I remembered the wheats being just on the fringe of my stock coil's reach.. Figured if I can still pull stuff from that spot, this coil is what I was hoping for..

It likes junk! It's a little heavy.. Hits good on anything, good separation, got high tones off deep tiny foil.. Sort of almost not worth it..

But..

It's DEEP!

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20160404_201531.jpg
    IMG_20160404_201531.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_20160404_200624.jpg
    IMG_20160404_200624.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_20160404_200743.jpg
    IMG_20160404_200743.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_20160404_200209.jpg
    IMG_20160404_200209.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_20160404_201622.jpg
    IMG_20160404_201622.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 459
That's a fine hunt right there! Nice Barber and other finds!

Very nice Ice.....:yes: (Makes you wonder what's even deeper?)

Thanks man, not sure if I want to know deeper..

Seems like the bigger the coil the deeper, but also junk sounds better.. Should be great on gold, can't wait to get it wet!

<°)))>{

It likes junk! It's a little heavy.. Hits good on anything, good separation, got high tones off deep tiny foil.. Sort of almost not worth it..

No truer words have ever been spoken. I also found the Storm to be deep, but I dig loads (A LOT) more trash that sound good. It's more than a bit frustrating. I think that's why Kurt and the Hoover Boys promote "Dig It All" because they know that's how the Storm works! :laughing: So in the end I prefer the stock coil. I'd like to see a side by side comparison of targets "in the wild". If you could find a good target with the Storm, then hit it with a stock setup. I think in most cases it would be heard. (Within reason.)

No truer words have ever been spoken. I also found the Storm to be deep, but I dig loads (A LOT) more trash that sound good. It's more than a bit frustrating. I think that's why Kurt and the Hoover Boys promote "Dig It All" because they know that's how the Storm works! :laughing: So in the end I prefer the stock coil. I'd like to see a side by side comparison of targets "in the wild". If you could find a good target with the Storm, then hit it with a stock setup. I think in most cases it would be heard. (Within reason.)

I found the 5x8 I dig almost no trash, stock coil some/plenty of trash.. Storm, a lot.. Seems the bigger your coil the better thin metal sounds.. Also no tone roll compared to the small coil...

I'm still happy with it.. The targets I found today I have gone over countless times..

<°)))>{

Seeing posts like these gives me motivation to go back to parks I havent had much luck with. Very nice score, grats!

Nice finds! What was the treasure, trash ratio with the coil? Lots and lots more trash or just a little more?

Well Ice you have me convinced the coil is like any other and not going to be a asset or benefit in your war armory. I tell you what... I'll give you half what you paid for it, you cover the shipping just so you won't have to tote it any more. Think about it you won't have to be bothered digging those deep plugs. Oh I failed to mention that is one fine looking Barber you dug and I have never dug a "V". Congrats on finding a coil that passes your inspection test and a super nice hunt. Jack

Well Ice you have me convinced the coil is like any other and not going to be a asset or benefit in your war armory. I tell you what... I'll give you half what you paid for it, you cover the shipping just so you won't have to tote it any more. Think about it you won't have to be bothered digging those deep plugs. Oh I failed to mention that is one fine looking Barber you dug and I have never dug a "V". Congrats on finding a coil that passes your inspection test and a super nice hunt. Jack

Thanks Jack!

I'm just racking my brain as to what spots I want to get extra clean...

I think I'm going to give it at least one more chance to prove itself lol...

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom