How many of you buy silver or gold to stockpile

you are wise my friend . i've noticed this theory to be true when gold and silver were at all time highs I bought a lot of silver thinking it was a good investment I also came into about 10,000 dollars at about this time I invested in my tsp at work, since then my tsp investment has doubled as my precious metal investment has been stagnant cant wait for a significant rise so I can unload this commodity compounding interest is the key. the only precious metal worth while to me is the one I get for free

Thanks for the compliment. :yes:

The dividends do a great job supplementing my pension and social security. :yes:

To illustrate the power of compounding, if your grandfather had purchased just one $40 share of Cocal Cola back in 1919, with dividends reinvested, and passed it to your father and your father continued reinvesting the dividends and passed it to you, it would be worth $9.8 million today. Yikes!

Thanks for the compliment. :yes:

The dividends do a great job supplementing my pension and social security. :yes:

To illustrate the power of compounding, if your grandfather had purchased just one $40 share of Cocal Cola back in 1919, with dividends reinvested, and passed it to your father and your father continued reinvesting the dividends and passed it to you, it would be worth $9.8 million today. Yikes!

:shock: Now where did I put that 1 share dad told me to hold on to?!? :?::D

Dang, this thread got massively hijacked!

The original question didn't ask if stocks and such are better than gold. You can do more than one you know?

Its like someone asking if you eat vegetables and why, then someone comes along saying "I eat meat it gives you more energy quicker, don't waste your time eating vegetables".

If by a while back you mean in the 1980's it would have been a great idea, if by a while back you mean a few years ago it would have been a terrible idea...
And no, i never buy, only sell.

The original question didn't ask if stocks and such are better than gold. You can do more than one you know?

Its like someone asking if you eat vegetables and why, then someone comes along saying "I eat meat it gives you more energy quicker, don't waste your time eating vegetables".

Hopefully the OP invested wisely and didn't have to pawn his detector:lol: I know the silver we find has a great return at the refinery:lol:

I have a nice hoard of "junk" silver coins that once my kids are grown and settled I hope to cash in so my wife and I can finally travel somewhere lol. Also some nice silver to leave my kids when the unfortunate day I stop breathing comes lol but I will continue to buy PMs till that day comes!!

Exactly! It's not either/or. I thought everyone knew diversification is the key - :cool:

Back
Top Bottom