• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lawn Mowing Surface Find

TNTGross

Elite Member
So there I was, zipping through the lawn on my trusty Toro mower, when I happen to glance a coin on the ground. I debated for a second about stopping the mower, hoping off, to pick up what I thought would be a penny. But, I did. Turned out to be a 1947 D Dime. Nothing fancy, but since I didnt even have a chance to go detecting today, I'll take it.

Attachments

• 20190909_173610.jpg
    20190909_173610.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 422
If you would have chopped it up with the lawn mower, and then found it with your detector it would have been cut silver :D. Nice save either way. Silver is silver.

Better than what I found on an afternoon at the beach.
I would give up that dime for the chance a the beach:D
Good thing you picked that up or else you would have chopped it up, free silver & no digging required.
Yea, I have heard coins slapping around under the deck before. Always wonder what it was. There is no finding it after.
If you would have chopped it up with the lawn mower, and then found it with your detector it would have been cut silver :D. Nice save either way. Silver is silver.
True dat:laughing:
Sometimes ( not very often) Silver just jumps in your lap . Congrats !
Yea... I do like it when that happens. Thanks.

You did better than I did yesterday. After two hours the heat and humidity had me begging for mercy. City park that I hit a few years back only yielded $1.65 in clad. Not enough to compensate for the pain and suffering I went thru with the heat and humidity My wife accused me of going swimming with all my clothes on when I got home.

Maybe it fell out of your pouch recently??

Not the case... The coin was next to a large drain cover. I tend not to hunt close to them. They tend to set the Nox off something fierce.

You did better than I did yesterday. After two hours the heat and humidity had me begging for mercy. City park that I hit a few years back only yielded $1.65 in clad. Not enough to compensate for the pain and suffering I went thru with the heat and humidity My wife accused me of going swimming with all my clothes on when I got home.

I hear ya brother... 87 days here in Jax of over 90-degree weather so far this summer.

Not a bad day, you found silver. If you had chopped it with the mower, Jamflicker would have found it! He's a magnet for marbles and mower strikes.

Back
Top Bottom