Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Show Me Treasure
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 01-26-2006, 02:04 PM
ncseadog
Guests

Default Curtain Hangers

The kind that pin into the back of ccurtain make the handiest hooks for your belt and they work great with web belts. Just be sure to grind the point off first . You can find these at any store selling curtains for around a dollar or you can go to the Salvation Army or Good Will and buy a life time supply for about 25 cents. Great for hanging those small or quickly needed Items. They can be fashioned to works as clips to prevent things from coming off too easily. I carry a 6 in square basket (50 cents at Goodwill) to sift sand and dirt with locally and the hooks are great to hang it from.

Old 01-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Co-owner

Default Curtain Hangers

Hi ncseadog. This is interesting, but I have several different types of clips in my curtains. Are you referring to the copper brassish ones that you squeeze to open, or the stainless that slip into the back of pleated curtains? I have long ones and short ones with sharp tips.

can you post an example pic of what you have made?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-26-2006, 03:49 PM
ncseadog
Guests

Default The long ones

for the pleated curtains. I use them in my shop to paint small items that can hang to dry. When I needed a hook for my walky talky I happened to see one and started using them for other things like hanging my new digging tool. my knife, and a flashlight. Lite and practical! :!:

Old 01-26-2006, 08:00 PM

Default Curtain Hangers

I've found that the little caribiner clips (cost a buck or two) work really well for me. I use small plastic strapping on my tools and hook them to the caribiner clips on my belt.